Just a thought

Cpt Shed

If I were to offer a 2004 one owner, TDI, with full service history (some main dealer, some indy) up to date cambelt.
Dolphin Grey bodywork Sport model,
Black leather,
Climate control,
4x electric windows,
DIS,
Two keys,
Garaged from new.
68k on the clock.

What would you be prepared to pay for it.
Now this is just a question, I would like to see where you guys would be with a car like this.

Nige'

In the region of £2500 to £3000. Would need to give it a thorough going over first. If all is present and correct I would definitely be prepared to pay that for it.

My first thought was that it felt like a £3k car, before I even read @drewroberts response. Certainly sounds good but the photos would have to live up to the description. Oh, I nearly forgot, we don't do 'fishing' here so we'll have to pull any car sale thread you post in the Market now Nigel ;)

Well guys I will come clean. I have such a car, and it's not for sale ?, however I didn't say it was an A2. It is in fact an A4. I just wanted to gauge reaction to an alternative.
Don't get me wrong, I love the little A2's, but it is becoming increasingly harder to find such an example for sensible money. Living in Cornwall I am a long way from anywhere, all the good stuff seems come up, "up country" lol.

I would love to know where these traders keep finding the little gems that appear on auto trader. Certainly not from down this way.

Incidentally I also found another A4 in dolphin grey, but an Avant, this one has 77k and full service history, two owners. The strange thing was that they were both in Cornwall and well under 3k. Such a lot of car for the money.
But, if little A2 comes up with the same spec and mileage for sub 3k, I will probably grab it ?

ATB
Nige'

@Cpt Shed surely it’s worth transporting the right car from up north to your home, it doesn’t cost too much. I had a car transported from mid/South Wales to London for £120, that’s probably 150 miles or more.
Ian

@Cpt Shed surely it’s worth transporting the right car from up north to your home, it doesn’t cost too much. I had a car transported from mid/South Wales to London for £120, that’s probably 150 miles or more.
Ian

Yes it would be, and I have travelled far and wide in the past to collect cars.
The one A2 that I deeply regret selling I bought in Scotland, flew up to Edinburgh and drove it home.
That car was from a forum member and I knew it would be as described. Sadly lots of cars I have viewed have failed to match the adverts. So buying a car unseen is a risk, traveling to view can be expensive and swallow up so much time. From my home it is nearly 3 hours and 155 miles to Bristol.

I have currently resigned myself to thinking that the elusive little gem of an A2 is going to escape me for now.
Of course the bonus of the PD130 engine in the A4 is it can easily remapped, Wednesday this week will see an extra 59 horses stuffed under the bonnet of the saloon ?

Yes it would be, and I have travelled far and wide in the past to collect cars.
The one A2 that I deeply regret selling I bought in Scotland, flew up to Edinburgh and drove it home.
That car was from a forum member and I knew it would be as described. Sadly lots of cars I have viewed have failed to match the adverts. So buying a car unseen is a risk, traveling to view can be expensive and swallow up so much time. From my home it is nearly 3 hours and 155 miles to Bristol.

I have currently resigned myself to thinking that the elusive little gem of an A2 is going to escape me for now.
Of course the bonus of the PD130 engine in the A4 is it can easily remapped, Wednesday this week will see an extra 59 horses stuffed under the bonnet of the saloon ?

A friend was running an A4 Avant 1.9TDi Sport (with GMBH kit, it was so sexy). He went to have it mapped and asked what would be sensible. The mapper said 'we'll take you to 190. The engine's fine on way more but they start ripping the driveshaft splines out!'

I have a Passat 1.9TDi 130 Sport and it's been awesome at everything. Cars of this area represent VAG at the top of their game, they really do.

Back