Key coded settings

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
"When the ignition is switched on the air con settings assigned to the key are selected automatically."

The air con settings selected are automatically stored to the key in use.
When the car is started, the air con automatically selects the settings assigned to that key.
In this way every driver automatically obtains his/her preferred settings without having to select them manually.
If a different driver uses your key and changes the settings on the air con, then your preferred settings will be cancelled.

Well, I did not know that.

But that now explains why the settings differ when I pick up the spare key.

"When the ignition is switched on the air con settings assigned to the key are selected automatically."

The air con settings selected are automatically stored to the key in use.
When the car is started, the air con automatically selects the settings assigned to that key.
In this way every driver automatically obtains his/her preferred settings without having to select them manually.
If a different driver uses your key and changes the settings on the air con, then your preferred settings will be cancelled.

Well, I did not know that.

But that now explains why the settings differ when I pick up the spare key.
Correct. The climate control settings are specific to the key used in the ignition. So, if an A2 is shared between two people, you don't always have to adjust the climate control to your liking ....leaving you free to adjust the wing mirrors, the rear view mirror, the seating position, the steering wheel reach/rake, etc! :)

Back