Keys, boot opening?

simufly

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Can Boot be remotely unlocked using the standard key? Never used the facility on the A2 but use it on my e39.

Evening Simon,

The standard 3 button (centre button) key fob remotely unlocks the tailgate. It certainly has in the 2 previous and 2 current A2s.

Note it doesn’t unlock the car and the tailgate is locked once it’s closed. If you leave your keys in the boot after opening the tailgate with the centre button and subsequently close the tailgate then your keys are safely locked away.

To open the tailgate you have to press and hold the centre button for 1-2 seconds opposed the lock/unlock buttons which operate from a quick tap of the button.

Hope this helps Sir.

Kind regards,

Tom

Unless someone has downgraded the key to the 2 button one! Have seen it before. Even seen a non folding no button key being used as the main (only) key.:eek:

Unless someone has downgraded the key to the 2 button one! Have seen it before. Even seen a non folding no button key being used as the main (only) key.:eek:
Good point Graham.

Simon, does your key have 3 buttons like any of these:
F7F0A1DC-D177-4182-A477-A5573C5DCD6C.jpg

Or is it a 2 button fob like this:
832E6585-C8F5-4601-AF58-2620BAD37C11.jpeg

Kind regards,

Tom

Strangely enough this very function - remote tail gate unlocking, was the prerequisite for the automatic opening boot struts and springs mod that I have warned others to either not fit at all or carefully check their car and reassess if they really need it, then remove the strut springs to prevent car damage. If you are interested here is the thread...

Mine is the three button version with the lozenge shaped button pad. It was the auto boot strut warning that piqued my interest not that I would go down that route.
Anyway now got a new facility that I did not know about!

Did you know that holding down the lock button will close any open electric window and holding down the open button with open the electric windows? You will need to have the one touch working first for the windows i.e touch up or down on the window button on the doors and they then go all the way down / up.

Back