Larger drink holder for the front (for larger drinks than cans)

Verydisco

Hi
I have not found a definitive answer on the forum.
What is the best way to hold a larger drink (at the front)?
The stock drink holders are OK if you're not driving or with half-empty cans, but I do use a larger (sport-type) plastic bottle and it does not fit.
I've looked into aftermarket holders that use self tappering screw onto plastic trim, such as the gearbox tunnel, etc.
Thanks

Evening,

With a factory solution I always carry a Camelback water bottle which fits nicely into the Rear Cup Holder. With the bottle in the passenger side holder, I find it very easy and comfortable to reach from the drivers seat.

They’re obviously not an economical option as they’re rather pricey. If you ever notice one on the various auction website or marketplaces then snap it up. I’ve seen them sell very quickly for £60-£80 in the last year or 2. Still available in limited colours from Audi Tradition.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks guys,
I have a 5-seater, so the rear cup holder is not really an option, but thanks.
Hi again,

Everyday is a school day I suppose as I was never aware that the Rear Cup Holder wouldn’t fit a Rear Bench A2. Only ever had 4 seater A2s so never knew this, thanks for the information.

It’s a shame as I have a very reasonably priced one here that I could of been persuaded to part with.

Kind regards,

Tom

The rear cup holder will fit a 5 seater. The issue is less space for the middle seat passengers feet. As with the 4 seater the cup holder would have to be removed to fold up the seat base(s).

The cupholder will fit a 5-seater at least as far as the front bracket goes, which does most of the work of locating it. I didn't think the central seat mounts that the rear bracket bolts into are there on the 5-seater though. Maybe there are still tapped holes in the floorpan for the bolts (which you would have to obtain)? I guess you'd unclip the cupholder while you had a passenger in the middle seat.

Hi again,

Everyday is a school day I suppose as I was never aware that the Rear Cup Holder wouldn’t fit a Rear Bench A2. Only ever had 4 seater A2s so never knew this, thanks for the information.

It’s a shame as I have a very reasonably priced one here that I could of been persuaded to part with.

Kind regards,

Tom
What colour is it?

Back