Laying in Bed with Covid

Hi All,

New guy here, I was laying in bed with covid for the past 2 weeks and was sat watching Car SOS and thought, I really want a project car and to join a club and see where this takes me. I'm a big Audi fan had (until Saturday) a 56 plate A4 and I have a 14 plate A6 Allroad, also had 6 other Audi's in the past, Q7, A6, A4s.

So after watching Car SOS and having a lot of time on my hands I googled Future classics and what popped up? Audi A2, love at first site, I was like I really want one of these, my friend in Scotland had one ages ago (so I thought, see next paragraph) I will come back to that. and I thought I really would love one. so the search began. 3 days after feeling better and getting out of bed, I have found my A2 bought it and sold my A4, Sunday joined the A2OC and I'm buzzing. I cant stop smiling.

I text my friend to tell them I had bought one on Saturday night, (I don't see them much as they are in Scotland and I'm in Suffolk), I sent the picture of my car and said look what I have bought, thinking they had sold theirs years ago. Craig's wife to my surprise said, Craig still has his, he will lever let it go after 10 years. That just made me even happier knowing how good these little cars are. (He joined A2OC yesterday to) :)

Anyway that's a little intro, looking forward to meet ups when this covid stuff is over. and cant wait to tidy up my new A2 and find out more about these cool little cars.

Will add more photo's once i clean it up and do some little jobs that need doing.

Attachments

• A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    600.3 KB · Views: 260
The car looks great with the kit - you can enjoy debating the merits of 17" wheels!

My partner has Covid at the moment. She ended up with infected meninges and chest inflammation and has been out for the count for a fortnight - no laughing matter believe me. My son and I tested positive but have no symptoms, although we're getting cabin fever.

Hope you recover fully in time to enjoy a few drives when lockdown finally ends!

Welcome along...a great looking A2 that I looked at the advert for SEVERAL times lol

I too am looking forward to hopefully meeting up with other A2's when we can!!

"The car looks great with the kit - you can enjoy debating the merits of 17" wheels!"

I think they look great with the Votex kit and I love the look of the 17" wheels but have consigned to memory where all the potholes/ridges/raised manhole covers etc are on my way to and from work!!

I am still building up the courage to fit the 18" 3SDM's I bought a while ago :oops:

The car looks great with the kit - you can enjoy debating the merits of 17" wheels!

My partner has Covid at the moment. She ended up with infected meninges and chest inflammation and has been out for the count for a fortnight - no laughing matter believe me. My son and I tested positive but have no symptoms, although we're getting cabin fever.

Hope you recover fully in time to enjoy a few drives when lockdown finally ends!
Thanks for the feedback, i will look forward to the wheel debate...

Sorry to hear about your wife, I had chest problems and trouble breathing, I'm fairly healthy normally but this hit me for 6, glad i'm getting over it.

Cant wait to get out to some drives.

Stay safe

Welcome along...a great looking A2 that I looked at the advert for SEVERAL times lol

I too am looking forward to hopefully meeting up with other A2's when we can!!
He had 40,000 views on that car, he didn't budge much on the price, however I love the car, i just want to do some tweaks on her now.

"The car looks great with the kit - you can enjoy debating the merits of 17" wheels!"

I think they look great with the Votex kit and I love the look of the 17" wheels but have consigned to memory where all the potholes/ridges/raised manhole covers etc are on my way to and from work!!

I am still building up the courage to fit the 18" 3SDM's I bought a while ago :oops:
18 inch, they would look awesome, I'm not going to use it loads as I have my Allroad for commuting, however I have experienced a few bumps yesterday when i was having a drive

Welcome along. The dealer picked that car up from a member on one of the Facebook owners groups. I believe it was previously a demo car for a valeting company or something similar.

Plenty of helpful advice here. Parts from @Clackers or I, bespoke 3D printed items and more from @depronman and all sorts of retrofitting wonder from @timmus.

Go for it Rob, I’m available on messenger etc if you need any advice.

Welcome along. The dealer picked that car up from a member on one of the Facebook owners groups. I believe it was previously a demo car for a valeting company or something similar.

Plenty of helpful advice here. Parts from @Clackers or I, bespoke 3D printed items and more from @depronman and all sorts of retrofitting wonder from @timmus.
[/QUOTE

Thanks for that, i did see a image of it on here with different wheels, It's very clean, however could still be better :) really want to fit a Nav plus unit to it, however i'm new to this type of thing so could be a lot of you tube watching. cant wait to get out there and see all the other A2's as really like the storms, remind me of my allroad lol

Welcome on board, what a belter that is!
I think we are all looking forward to meeting up again one day.
Plenty of helpful folk on here for advice/parts/ideas...
See you soon all being well....

Welcome on board the good ship A2OC
A stunning looking A2 you got yourself

Search out my thread. Depronman services When you get 5 mins
Any questions ask away

Cheers
Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome on board, what a belter that is!
I think we are all looking forward to meeting up again one day.
Plenty of helpful folk on here for advice/parts/ideas...
See you soon all being well....
Thanks for that, really looking forward to this is all over and we can all get out

Slight swerve - I'm really sorry you and Shoestrings family have taken a COVID hit - I hope all get through it without long term effects.
I hope all the good people of A2OC get offered vaccine before too long, a d when offered grab it with enthusiasm! Sorry this isn't really an A2 issue so might get moderated out, but working in the NHS throughout the pandemic I can assure everyone that apart from a v few people with contraindications, the vaccine is much lower risk than everyone risk of COVID.
Take care, take the vaccine and hopegully we can all get through to normal meeting up again!!
Sorry to be off topic of A2, but keen that all the good people of the OC get positive messages about the great vaccines being rolled out.
Chris

Slight swerve - I'm really sorry you and Shoestrings family have taken a COVID hit - I hope all get through it without long term effects.
I hope all the good people of A2OC get offered vaccine before too long, a d when offered grab it with enthusiasm! Sorry this isn't really an A2 issue so might get moderated out, but working in the NHS throughout the pandemic I can assure everyone that apart from a v few people with contraindications, the vaccine is much lower risk than everyone risk of COVID.
Take care, take the vaccine and hopegully we can all get through to normal meeting up again!!
Sorry to be off topic of A2, but keen that all the good people of the OC get positive messages about the great vaccines being rolled out.
Chris
Thank you, it’s not nice and will take vaccine when it comes, then we can all get out

Back