leak near oilfiller pipe /oil filter housing

mrjai66

hi was wondering if anyone can help got a oil leak near the oil filler pipe near the engine /oil filter housing was wondering if anyone else had this and how to remedy ie any pics of how the pipe goes into the engine ,as it`s very tight and fiddly to see.
many thanks jai

bump please help it`s deffo the pipe put oil in and its coming out near the bottom of the pipe is it a seal that needs fixing or whole pipe that needs replacing ? if so how do i open the pipe and replace please help anyone ,...

Give Audi parts a call to see if this pipe is sold as a single unit. The parts-person may print you off a copy of how it attaches. Even with the bonnet off, the oil filler pipe is behind the front bumper. The parts-diagram the mechanics use will confirm what has to come off.;)

thanks for the help guys . will have a butchers tommorow and see if i can get it of . Also@ spike i read that post and many others before posting this thread ,and as you say a lot of peoplr have had this problem but not posted how they resloved it . But thank you for all the help mate .

Also there is a big oil puddle when istsrt the car and let it idle when its cold , does the oil splash back up thepipe and leak out?

where is the breather loacted please and how to unblock ,also is it safe to drive will my turbo get messed up ?
many many thanks for all the help.

bump please help just need a pic of the breather pipe so i can investigate , and
hope fully should be able to help others in future .thanks jai

well found how to remove attach pipe after a bit of research .attached is photo hope it helps others .

on the manual it say to press towards oil filter bracket then remove clip.
now just need to find technical name for breather pipe so i can look that up.

The link above was mine. I will update when leak fixed. I have tried replacing the 2 rubber seals on the plastic block that fits into engine but no difference. I now plan to replace or repair if possible the block where the filler pipe and dip-stick pipes meet. Regards, Rob (think I might wait for warmer weather :)

anyone know which is the breather pipe or its technical name? As been without a car since weekend,and need this fixed.

Just to let you guys know i fixed the leak. Tried to remove broken pipe but acess was to tight, so cut pipe the rip was , went to local scrappy and got a rubber pipe from some engine and fixed over both ends of broken pipe and fixed with jubbile clips .no oil all good

My oil filler pipe 1.4TDi ATL engine, is now leaking close to the block and even with a pit it looks a bit of a bu**er to get at so replacement parts - #10 8Z0115302H pipe and #12 8Z0115047 clip on order for an over Christmas fix; lokks like having to remove the coolant hoses to gain access from above: any ideas and/or tips will be appreciated

oil pipe parts.jpg

Revival of old thread, has anyone replaced the oil pipe? Any advice or pointers on how to do it appreciated. Cheers

Revival of old thread, has anyone replaced the oil pipe? Any advice or pointers on how to do it appreciated. Cheers

Anyone fixed the oil refiller pipe to engine? Access is terrible.

The sequence of the o-ring, quick-release and grey clip is as follows? Guess the grey clip it pushed on after the quick-release is fixed into engine?

Anyone did this and know a few tricks to do it? I have problems to get the o-ring in first.

Back