Left loudspeaker and front windows - weird behaviour

girindor

A2OC Donor
Hi,

Just got my A2 1.4 TDI and love it. However, am having a few issues with the electronics...

My left loudspeaker sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

And my front windows, especially the left one, when trying to close them, close and then automatically open again. The only way to keep them closed is by manually stopping and keeping them a few inches open and then inching them closed.

Very annoying! Is there something I can do to fix this easily or will it be a bigger thing?

Thanks!

The intermittent loudspeaker is probably a loose connection somewhere. One thing to try would be to remove the head unit and wiggle the connector at the back, make sure everything is in nice and securely. If you have a BOSE system then there is an external ampliflier for both front and rear speakers. I believe this lives under the driver's seat? Again, wiggling the connectors on it might be fruitful. If you do not have BOSE then the front speakers are driven directly from the head unit so the only other connection to look at is the one at the speaker itself.

The intermittent loudspeaker is probably a loose connection somewhere. One thing to try would be to remove the head unit and wiggle the connector at the back, make sure everything is in nice and securely. If you have a BOSE system then there is an external ampliflier for both front and rear speakers. I believe this lives under the driver's seat? Again, wiggling the connectors on it might be fruitful. If you do not have BOSE then the front speakers are driven directly from the head unit so the only other connection to look at is the one at the speaker itself.

Thanks for your help! Could you just explain to me what the head-unit is? Do I need to unscrew the loudspeaker?

The head unit is your stereo. You will need radio removal keys to take it out.

2 for a single din unit or 4 for a double din.

Not sure on the speaker. On my way out to work, so don't have time to search on here. But if you search on hear for door card removal you should be able to find some pics to show you what's going on.

Cheers

David

Back