Left rear noise

Jock

Hi all, I have a plasticcy noise at the back of my car and it appears it is the small panel on the boot lid to the left of the number plate that is flappy (for want of a better word). I can't see how it was fixed in the first place, no screw holes or glue residue? I am just going to pack it with a bit of polystyrene just now so my question is has anyone on here had this issue and found a permanent solution? Thanks.

You mean the external painted panel where the A2 badge sits? That is clipped and screwed into the rest of the hatch, maybe someone's had it off there at some point and broken one - probably more than one - of the clips. One of my fleet had a broken clip rolling around in the hatch until I pulled the interior panel off to get it out.

Thanks for the reply, it is the external painted panel where the A2 badge sits. So there are clips behind that wee panel, I didn't know that but it makes sense. Is there a solution? Thanks again.

70B0CA82-CCE9-4AFD-8692-65DC93CAC926.jpeg
Thanks for the reply, it is the external painted panel where the A2 badge sits. So there are clips behind that wee panel, I didn't know that but it makes sense. Is there a solution? Thanks again.
Hi ,
New clips as they can brake during the removal Process, there is a procedure in the “how to” section on panel removal.
I broke 2 of mine during removal !
Hth
Keith

Last edited:
I thought the clips that go into those three lower holes were a part of that whole external moulding? The only other fixings poke up under the horizontal overhang inside sort-of conical rubber washers. About all I could suggest as a solution would be foam tape, after a good cleaning up of the bits you can reach. Possibly in combination with the expanded polystyrene you were originally thinking of.

Last edited:
It’s a down and towards you movement in one go. That’s the only way to avoid snapping the lower clips. There’s also 2 small torx screws where the boot release button is that need removing first.

Back