Llanfairpwllgwyngyll

andrewparkeruk

A2OC Donor
329B0EBD-885B-4C99-BC63-55CB9843D183.jpeg

Seen at the Coop this morning

This is the one I saw in North Wales a few years back I believe. I was on the a5 and I spotted it passing me in the opposite direction.

Is this Garfield’s machine from Anglesey?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only 54k miles at the last MOT, please tell me you left your contact details on it?
I didn’t think to do that. Will keep an eye out for it
I have lived on Ynys Môn/Anglesey for 11 months: this was the first time I had seen that particular car. There are a couple of others I see regularly
I’m in Llanfairpwllgwyngyll one day most weeks
Andrew

An old lady near me owned a papaya 1.4 petrol for years I did knock on once upon a time but she wouldn’t sell then a year or so later she traded it in for a new Yaris 😫

I still wonder who and why came up with the name "Llanfairpwllgwyngyll". Usually english words are short in comparison to other EU languages, but this word I don't even try to pronounce o_O

I still wonder who and why came up with the name "Llanfairpwllgwyngyll". Usually english words are short in comparison to other EU languages, but this word I don't even try to pronounce o_O
I think it it is just a few little words all joined together like the railway station name with the very long artificial (Google it) name.

If you are bored call up the simple version of Google translate and set it to Welsh-English. Put in 4 letter chunks one at a time, Llan = Church, fair = Mary ...... ending up with something like Church of Mary by pool with white Hazel????? Need a native Welsh speaker who speaks English!

I wonder if a well known Welsh member on here know they live on the 'Road of Leaves' or 'Leafy Road'

Andy

Last edited:
I think it it is just a few little words all joined together like the railway station name with the very long artificial (Google it) name.

If you are bored call up the simple version of Google translate and set it to Welsh-English. Put in 4 letter chunks one at a time, Llan = Church, fair = Mary ...... ending up with something like Church of Mary by pool with white Hazel????? Need a native Welsh speaker who speaks English!

I wonder if a well known Welsh member on here know they live on the 'Road of Leaves' or 'Leafy Road'

Andy
As i understood it 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyll' is actually a shortened version of' 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogeryrchwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch' which means ' The Church of St Mary in the hollow of the white hazel near the rapid whirlpool and the church of St Tysilio near a red cave' and is also more usually shortened to 'Llanfair PG'.

As i understood it 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyll' is actually a shortened version of' 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogeryrchwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch' which means ' The Church of St Mary in the hollow of the white hazel near the rapid whirlpool and the church of St Tysilio near a red cave' and is also more usually shortened to 'Llanfair PG'.
Madness 😆

Correct. 👍🏻

I wonder if there are any other places in Wales that have four L's together in the name. Certainly none on these shores outside of Wales!

Spotted again this morning. Had neither pen nor paper with me to leave a note
Based upon the window stickers of causes the driver supports, I conclude the car must live on Ynys Môn / Anglesey
I asked in the Coop if it belonged to a staff member but was told it isn’t

Attachments

• IMG_9658.jpeg
    IMG_9658.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9656.jpeg
    IMG_9656.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 60
Back