Looking for Coil Spring & Brake Pad recommendations

Gary74

A2OC Donor
Hi Guys!
Just a quick research/advice/recommendation question.
am looking for some new rear and nearside coil springs and some new brake pads for my A2 1.4i sports diesel what would you suggest and make etc…
Thank you as ever for your guidance and support.

I would stick with known branded brake parts and have ATE fitted at the moment. Brembo and Pagid are okay too.
I will let others comment on the type of springs but perhaps stay clear of Spidan as there have been some bad reviews of late.

Last edited:
I would stick with known branded brake parts and have ATE fitted at the moment. Brembo and Pagid are okay too.
I will let others comment on the type of springs but perhaps stay clear of Spidan as there have been some bad reviews of late.
Suplex may come under the same reliability umbrella as Spidan (in terms of UK availability) - a few unexpected fractures of springs at low mileage have been reported in the past couple of years (we were one).

I got Bosch pads earlier this year from euros for £26 or so. Got no complaints with them. All the basic brands are essentially the same. Can't really go wrong with any of them.

I am looking for some new brake pads for my Audi A2 1.4TDI

It's an ATE front brake system, so I would go for ATE brake pads.

With ATE, there's a choice of standard or ceramic/low-dust brake pads.

autodoc

ATE 13046071172

ATE 13047071172

Last edited:
Kyb springs have been good so far on mine but feel the fronts a touch high and rear a touch low.
I have genuine pads on my fronts but they are a touch dusty, I can't afford to brake hard it cost too much diesel

Back