Looking for How To to remove rear trim above wheel arches

Might be easier just to remove the strut; 3 bolts only when wheel is off. Drawback is that bolts needs replacement.

Do you have a knocking sound driving across bumps? That could be the seatback wobbling. In such case try to wedge some paperboard between the seatback and where it is locked to the fixture, or simply fold the seatback as a check

Hi. Is there a How To to remove rear trim above the wheel arches? I need to check the nut that holds the shocks.

I've scanned the existing How To but not found anything: https://www.a2oc.net/community/inde...how-tos-and-useful-threads.27103/#post-230755

I believe the process is to remove the false floor and then pull off the trim. It would be good to know where the retaining clips are plus any tips.

Thanks
Might be easier just to remove the strut; 3 bolts only when wheel is off. Drawback is that bolts needs replacement.

If you can wait a couple of days I'll write you one up freshly! :)

Olerype, I think Alan is talking about the interior rear quarter trim.

Sarge

Don't touch the boot area, there's nothing there. On second thoughts, is the damper securing nut accessible?

Olerype, I think Alan is talking about the interior rear quarter trim.

Sarge

Yeah understood that; just proposed an alternative.

Had the interior trim partly removed while mounting the tow bar. You need to remove the false floor, the holder bracket/rail for false floor, seatback and the plastic trims.

Do you have a knocking sound driving across bumps? That could be the seatback wobbling. In such case try to wedge some paperboard between the seatback and where it is locked to the fixture, or simply fold the seatback as a check
I do - see this thread https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/firmer-suspension-but-rumbling-sounds.39369/

I removed the rear seats, the parcel shelf, the false floor, the spare wheel and the tool kit and the noise was still there :(

Sarge
Thanks Sarge. That will be great. Yes I can wait a few days. A few more days wont matter as I've had the noise a few years. Probably week end or next week when I shall look at it.

Very interesting and useful video should I need to remove the rear inner trim panels.

At 4:58 I got quite worried why the chap was drilling large holes in the A2's chassis but then all was revealed towards the end.

Back