Making 16” tyres with 205/55 fit

Silverpig

Hi,

I’m sure this has been covered somewhere before, but what do I need to do to my A2 to fit 205/55/16 wheels fit? I read the definitive tyre and wheel threads and noted the warning, however I’m sure it must have been overcome somehow. Any ideas?

The wheels I’m looking at are 5 x 112s from an A3.

I assume you are using adaptors? What's the overall offset of the wheels when they are fitted?
If the tyres are too big they will hit the arches, you could always jack up the suspension or simply get different tyres.

Erm, adaptors?! I have no idea, hence the questions! I’m assuming then that it won’t be a simple case of like for like!

205/55/16 tyres will catch the rear edge of the side sill if you carry passengers or go over big dips in the road. There isn't really anything you can do to avoid this.

5x112 WILL NOT FIT the A2. You need 5x100 or multipitch wheels that include 5x100. Tyre question now irrelevant as the wheels no good.

Thanks for the replies, seems I’ll have to rethink my options. Has anyone in the south of England therefore got a set of wheels and tyres for sale for £100 or so which will fit without any mods? The only ones I’ve seen so far are miles away!

Back