Market

Vmlopes

Hey fellas I have upgraded my account but cannot see any posts in the market tab along the top, does an admin need to approve or is it a time thing?

Morning,

I’m sure it’ll be sorted in a very quick time for you. Someone like Ian @Proghound or Dave @Special edition will pick this up shortly.

We all like pictures on here so soon as the snow has melted please do add some images of your A2.

EDIT: Just seen your recent post about hopefully picking up your A2 this week. Good luck with the purchase. You’ll find plenty of information on here along with very helpful replies if/when you run into problems.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hello and welcome to the forum :) Sorry that you're having problems accessing the Market.

Clicking on the Market option in the black menu bar should show you all threads in the Market containing posts that you haven't read. Or you can drop the options box to access the individual sections, Cars, Parts, Sold, Wanted and Spotted.

What action did you take to upgrade your account? The correct path is to click your username in the black menu bar, select Account Upgrades, market access is the only one, there's a one-off £2 fee by PayPal and that's it. There's no admin action required or length of time to wait.

If that's what you did, have you tried logging out and logging back in again? Or refreshing the page?

Morning,

I’m sure it’ll be sorted in a very quick time for you. Someone like Ian @Proghound or Dave @Special edition will pick this up shortly.

We all like pictures on here so soon as the snow has melted please do add some images of your A2.

EDIT: Just seen your recent post about hopefully picking up your A2 this week. Good luck with the purchase. You’ll find plenty of information on here along with very helpful replies if/when you run into problems.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks Tom

Will be a toss up between these two I think

f09ce42150d54d5fa4676e56bd57e7d9.jpg
s-l1600 (7).jpg

Ooh is that first one the same as mine, Piedmont / Cherry red metallic? Or is it Merlot? It certainly looks piedmont to me, that would be the first other one I've ever seen!

Thanks Tom

Will be a toss up between these two I think

View attachment 76053View attachment 76054
Morning again,

These both look like nice TDIs. As much as I like the Azure Blue colour (as per Project OEM), I must agree with David that the Piedmont colour is truly stunning. It also has a much longer MOT.

Good luck with your purchase.

Remember we’re a very helpful bunch and more than happy to answer any questions you may have. If you need any parts replacing then there are our 2 parts suppliers who only break beyond economical repair A2s. That said, even some of these tired vehicles make it back in the road. The members you’re on the look out for are Steve @A2Steve or Andy @Clackers. If you want any optional extras that the first owner didn’t want then worry not, Tom @timmus can supply and retrofit pretty much all things OEM and OEM+.

Kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
The blue one has recently been investigated and passed over by @WayneoA2. When Wayne enquired after it, the advert was misleading as to its specification, and the seller gave him the runaround. That advert is greatly over-egging it in general, possibly to justfiy a rather inflated price for what's essentially a base-spec car, but it makes me wonder what's it hiding? It just doesn't feel as straight as the red one - equally a somewhat spartan Special Edition, but not making any bones about it.

Of the two, I'd check out the red one first, and not bother with the blue one if I liked it. The seller of the red one appears to have done the more urgent advisories from its MOT according to the advert. Looks to be in very nice condition and as others have said, a very attractive colour, looks like the rear spoiler has also been sprayed to match. FYI I think I recognise the location of the photos as the far end of Downley common on the edge of High Wycombe, my parents live not far from there.

The major difference between the two is the red one has Climate, the blue one has no AC just normal heating, but it has a towbar. Climate can't be retrofitted, but although a towbar can be, you might not have any use for it. Particularly pertinent in this cold weather, the blue one should have an auxiliary diesel pre-heater but these are often inop at this age and if so, neither the engine nor the cabin will warm up (the thermostat also has to be working properly for this). The red one will have an electric aux heater that will at least keep the cabin warm whatever's going on with engine heat.

Good luck with your search.

I was offered this for I think 1750 .. . He did beat about the Bush regards the spec of it . It looked clean from the pics

Hi yes same for me, I'm in Reading so not far from High Wycombe to be fair, yes agrees the blue ones advert is OTT for what is a very base spec car, he would drop to £1500??

Hi yes same for me, I'm in Reading so not far from High Wycombe to be fair, yes agrees the blue ones advert is OTT for what is a very base spec car, he would drop to £1500??
I would hit him lower. He has had it quite a while now

The blue one was for sale on ebay last September for £900. We were on holiday (remember those days) and couldn't get to view in time before a deposit was taken. Presumably some work has been carried out on it to warrant that mark up.

Personally I prefer the red colour.
Good luck with your quest. ?

The blue one was for sale on ebay last September for £900. We were on holiday (remember those days) and couldn't get to view in time before a deposit was taken. Presumably some work has been carried out on it to warrant that mark up.

Personally I prefer the red colour.
Good luck with your quest. ?
If the blue one
doesn't have aircon, forget it,
just one warm day, and you'll regret it!
Mac (aka Wordsworth).

I
Ooh is that first one the same as mine, Piedmont / Cherry red metallic? Or is it Merlot? It certainly looks piedmont to me, that would be the first other one I've ever seen!

It is indeed Piedmont red pearl effect, paint code LZ3H

Back