Middle of cleaning the throttle body

Sylvester

Hi all, so took the bits apart to clean the thr. body and this is how it looks. Bit dirty I'd say but that's good as I hope the low idle is caused by this.
Q1: I want to replace the blue rubber ring too, which is under the square part the thr. body sits on, is that just 2 side screws out and just lift and replace? Seen the diagram just want to make sure I don't damage something by pulling it off.
Q2: Seen a few instructions and some say don't clean the part after the closed part. Does it mean the butterfly flap? So nothing behind that flap should be cleaned, nor the very dirty hole underneath? Or can I just wipe all with cloth? Thanks.
Btw great how-to on the website, cheers for that :)

Edit: Okay I've realized the instruction said don't clean behind cover means, the plastic housing on the side as it has the motor, spring and other bits. At least I think so. Cheers
Screenshot_2019-08-26-14-37-52.png
Screenshot_2019-08-26-14-37-47.png
Screenshot_2019-08-26-14-39-21.png
20190826_144034.jpg

Last edited:
Update: So a few hours later most parts are nice and clean, took my time as I never done this before. Bottom bit still dirty but cleaned up as much as I could.
I've changed the gasket and the rubber ring under the throttle body too, it was in a surprisingly good condition though.

The adaptation came back error, of course, just like with the egr before. Why would anything go smoothly..
After 45 minutes try I went to the option where check few items like egr, throttle po
Screenshot_2019-08-26-20-44-42.png
Screenshot_2019-08-26-20-44-36.png

Last edited:
So I came back after 20 min drive and all looks good. Was I suppose to see issue right away or of no issues in 20 min it'd be good?
The issue is my idle is still around 600 and didn't really notice much difference in acceleration/idle compared to yesterday, when I changed the air filter. Might be just placebo effect, but acceleration felt sharper and it reached 2-3k rpm with less hesitation as well.
I got new egr, new airfilter, cleaned throttle body, the idle speed is still 600rpm :/

Last edited:
Back