might be going to look at this saturday ..

WayneoA2

guy finally got in touch said they were on "a winter break " just done a MOT check and its not sitting well with me . Claims its a sport model but should a sport model come with front fogs ?
been off the road for 4 years according to the MOT history and a few fails for CEL on

whats your honest thoughts ??

Why wouldn't a sport model have front fogs? Its got Sport wheels, sport steering wheel. Ride height looks a tad high though, especially at the rear

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

No, perhaps surprisingly the Sport model did not have fogs as standard - looks like a Sport with Concert II CD player (yes, the sport also got a Chorus II cassette as standard), climate and metallic cobalt blue

The history on the MOT needs checking but that’s a Sport.
ive sent him a msg asking why its been off the road for four years and await his reply

I think sport came without fog lights as standard but any original purchaser could include them as an extra.

Front seats look very crumpled.

Not Euro class 5 as stated.

Andy

I think sport came without fog lights as standard but any original purchaser could include them as an extra.

Front seats look very crumpled.

Not Euro class 5 as stated.

Andy
something just doesnt sit right with me with this one ... Car tax comes up as 30 squids but im curious as to why its been off the road for 4 years

AFAIK the sport has the same performance as a standard car (except possibly due to the sport suspension, the ability to corner more rapidly) The engine is the same. The sport package is mainly cosmetic, steering wheel, gear knob, DIS, wheels, seats with go faster bolsters and lumbar and a few other bits and pieces. Ay my vast age, I personally would go for a SE with pepper pots, which is what I have although it started out a sport!

Wise words indeed, Merlin. It does that tiny tweek between the shoulder blades don't you think? Off the road for four years????

If it looks like a complication........it is a complication.

Rule 2. Keep it simple.

Wise words indeed, Merlin. It does that tiny tweek between the shoulder blades don't you think? Off the road for four years????

If it looks like a complication........it is a complication.

Rule 2. Keep it simple.
yep im gonna agree with you there . if it was a straight up car then he would be very forward with his info .. the Guy who had the Y plate i was thinking about seeing would right paragraph after paragraph about the car and seemed pretty genuine about the whole thing ... this guy seems to dodge direct questions

Hi

Really you could do a great deal worse than putting a wanted ad on here. By and large the cars you will get offered will come from the right sort of homes with large amounts of information attached.

Happy hunting

Hi

Really you could do a great deal worse than putting a wanted ad on here. By and large the cars you will get offered will come from the right sort of homes with large amounts of information attached.

Happy hunting
im limited to maybe a 30 mile radius as i have just moved back here from Australia and have no transport what so ever and have to rely on mates to run me around but i will give it ago

The sport model you linked seems expensive unless its pristine. I would be going further a field, ask for advise on here and hopefully someone more local can view for you, then simply get Shipley to pick it up on a transporter. I did this last October with an Ebony A2 bought by video and many pictures from an honest guy for £500, delivered by Shipley for £100, its a nice little motor for the money.

Vicki.jpg

If it turns out not to be right for you then others will pop up for sure - I got mine thanks to another member messaging me, there was never even an advert for the car - I was given all the info and pics in a PM and was asked if I would be interested, point is, you’re now pretty visibly in the market here, so there will be a steady trickle of nice cars (especially at the moment, new year, nobody needing lots of cars hanging about if they have amassed too many!) if you’re patient.

If it turns out not to be right for you then others will pop up for sure - I got mine thanks to another member messaging me, there was never even an advert for the car - I was given all the info and pics in a PM and was asked if I would be interested, point is, you’re now pretty visibly in the market here, so there will be a steady trickle of nice cars (especially at the moment, new year, nobody needing lots of cars hanging about if they have amassed too many!) if you’re patient.
It looks exactly what I am after especially with a good service history and recent new parts etc . . It's exactly how I would look after a car . What ever need to be done gets done ... stay on top of the maintenance and you wont have any nasty surprises. It would be a nice little " work in progress " to put my own little touch on it

I regret not buying from a group member, think i would have ultimately bought a better car from the off rather than having to put time and money into this one (parts on the whole are well priced thou)
A lot of pride and passion are poured into member cars, perhaps one day i may upgrade, bluw storm with open sky is top of my wish list!

Well had a reply regards why it's been off the road for 4 years and apparently the previous owners were elderly so he suspects health issues .. but I wont be going to view this one no more . Hopefully something will be on my driveway in a few days time ?

The sport model you linked seems expensive unless its pristine. I would be going further a field, ask for advise on here and hopefully someone more local can view for you, then simply get Shipley to pick it up on a transporter. I did this last October with an Ebony A2 bought by video and many pictures from an honest guy for £500, delivered by Shipley for £100, its a nice little motor for the money.

View attachment 74830
Oooh, if I was to complete my “collection” that would be my perfect car. A 1.4 sport in ebony black, beautiful.

Back