Mini A2

Ian with A2

:) I've just been to Wilkinsons and found they have a range of 'matchbox' style toy cars for 99p. The range includes a red A2. I've bought two and they are great little replicas including the rear spiler and the ribs on the solid roof. I'll take some pics later but thought of you collect A2 things these are great little models (they rate more than being a toy)

Got 2 today, not bad for 99p! Had plenty in Wilko's in M'boro. They are made in China by "Welly"? And have the all important pull back and let go acceleration optional extra! Great for desk top grand prixs. ;) Pics attached!

Cheers, Dave :D:D

I'm still learning to add pics :-(
14275618@N03

The Minichamps model is very details though so not a bad deal - the Wilkinsons version is a little crude. I wonder if the Chinese have copies of the Minichamps moulds ?

This is my minichamps 1:43 model. Think I paid around £10 for it on ebay and it came posted from Israel

You can probably see from the photo in my sig that it is spot onin similarity. Same coloured seats and everything

The only difference is that the model has no Open Sky and is LHD.

I love it. I immediately put it away with all the other junk I hoard.

1526243506_43b40adbbd.jpg

Last edited:
The Minichamps model is at 1:43 scale and is typical of their usual high-quality, where as the Welly ones are 1:87 and 1:24. Stuart, the Welly model in your is the 1:24 model, which I have seen for about £7 elsewhere, rather than the 99p one you can get in Wilko's.

Both the Welly models make ideal childrens toys but the detailing is crude, although perfectly acceptable at that price. The Minichamps model is more, but as a display model is, in my humble opinion as an anorak collector, worth every single penny.

I look-out for Minichamps, Auto-Art and Kyosho models as the high-quality and acceptable-price option or Sun Star as the decent-quality and low-price option. Norev models vary, I have a simply stunning Citroen GS 1:43 model but some of their stuff is shocking. Unless you have seen the model and are satisfied with the quality and price then buying off the net is a bit of a gamble.

Oh, and before Wooly Pipes-in, that Skoda 120L model is worth every penny and a fine addition to the collection ;)

EDIT: Oh, and the models in the link look well-priced but check-out the postage prices!
Have to agree with everything you say only thing is i would definatly have got that Skoda in that nice Light Brown colour LOL !!!!

Sainsbury's

The Welly A2 car can now be had for 49p in Sainsbury's! Only in red though. Now, where did I put that touch-up can of Audi Brilliant Black...

Happy New Year.

John.

The Welly A2 car can now be had for 49p in Sainsbury's! Only in red though. Now, where did I put that touch-up can of Audi Brilliant Black...

Happy New Year.

John.

Just been to Sainsbury's and if you have a red A2, not sport model without open-sky and with 5 spoke alloys then you are in luck get your pennies out for a model of your car :D

:) The missus bought me one of those cheapo Welly A2's from Sainsburys a few weeks ago...
01_Red.jpg

Obviously I own a Black A2 so I sprayed the little fellow...
02_Black.jpg

(I fixed the wonky grill as well!)

Yes I have to much time on my hands :D LOL

Last edited:
from left to right (all silver and with 6J16" rims):
-1:24 from Welly (with climate, wrong hubcaps )
-1:34 from Welly (pull back motor!) was on ebay for $0,03 (!) + sh($5,99 from HongKong)(with climate, S-Line hubcap )
-1:43 High Quality from Minichamp Audi Orig. (without climate! so it has the three buttons in the dashboard )
-1:87 High Quality from Rietze Audi Orig. (like the 1:43)
See all modells: http://www.audia2museum.de/25.html

I'd really like a proper 1:18 scale to go with the rest of my garage. Why has no-one done one yet? Perhaps it'll finally turn up in a classic series soon!

Cheers,

Mike

I also own a boxed Minichamps 1:43 model 'Audi Authentic Collection' model very similar to that pictured earlier in the topic. It is in Azure Blue (the colour of my first A2), I don't suppose anybody has a boxed Minichamps in a Silver colour that they would like to swop?

Back