Missing Items in Car???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ikduncan

Just picked up my "ex Demo" A" today....

love it already...

however having had the car delevered there appears to be several things missing...can someone please tell me what I should have in the boot???

I have a 2002 Model 1.4 Petrol

There is no parcel shelf?????? is this right???

there is no first aid kit/warning triangle????

there is a hole/gap about 6" x 4" next to the battery??? should something be there???

and in my tookit it looks like a screwdriver and something long/thin next to it are missing??

can anyone fill me in on what i should and shouldnt have so i can be informed and not look a total a s s when i call the garage to complain..

thanks

A2 1.4 Petrol
2002 Model
Exterior : Brilliant Black
Interior : Black/Black Cloth

I think you should have the parcel shelf, but probably not the floor panel.
The first aid kit and warning trianlge should also be there.
The hole next to the battery is for a DVD player for sat-nav.

I expect the long thin thing that is missing is the wheel brace?

Have you also got the bottle of very expensive top up oil? That should be in a zip up pocket which attached to the car using velcro.

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

thanks for the reply...

whell brace is there the thing thats missing is whatever tool is beside/under the screwdriver same length but thinner??? perhaps another "head" for the driver??

tell me more of this "oil" as i certainly do not have it where should it be???

if anyone has a digy photo of these items i would be most impressed and grateful??

thanks

A2 1.4 Petrol
2002 Model

Have a look through the A2 owners club galleries, you should find all the photos you refer to there.

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
A2 Owners Club: www.Audi-A2.co.uk

ikduncan-welcome!.

I agree-I have a 2002 petrol, and you should have a 'parcel shelf' as such-it's a retractable cover in fact.

Not sure on the boot floor-I do have the three-section fold-up false boot floor. Is your A2 a basic or SE version-I think maybe on SE had the extra boot floor as standard.

Agree on the space next to the battery and first aid kit etc

The missing long think I would say is another shaft for the screwdriver with different heads either end.

Steve - 1.4SE petrol, 2002, Silver

ikduncan - the oil used for Audi/VW variable service must be used to top up the engine. If 'ordinary' oil is used (e.g. 20W50), the car no longer uses variable service, and then has to used fixed mileage service.

Also the oil is quite expensive - I think I paid around £12 for a litre bottle. Audi provide a liter bottle for top up purposes, and in the A2 it is kept in a zip up case which attaches to the back of the rear seat using velcro.
You should check with the supplying dealer that the engine is filled with the special oil (sorry, I can't remember the name or spec, but I'm sure another user will chip in here) and that variable service is switched on.

Actually in the hadbook it says that you can use up to a half litre of ordinary oil between services (check the handbook for accuracy) - any more and the services become fixed mileage.

The difference is that on variable service a Petrol A2 seems to go about 18,000 miles/2 years between services (depends on driving style/length of journeys etc), whereas on fixd servicing I think it's the normal 12,000 miles/1 year job.

Ikduncan - If your car is the base spec (not the SE model), then it doesn't come with the retractable parcel shelf.

Mine didn't come with it either, and I bought mine from Audi for about £114.

Zick

car is a uk model from an audi dealer (transferred up to my local dealerin same chain(who is nissan dealer btw hence they havent a clue what i should have in the car.

yes it as a base spec model but..

i was under the impression the 2002 models onward had the parcel shelf..??? certainly is listed in the current spec brochure...

A2 1.4 Petrol
2002 Model

There is no parcel shelf on the 2002 base spec. I have one. There should be a first aid kit and warning triangle. The space is just spare! and I have never checked the contents of my tool kit other than the compressor.

Phil

Probably just a clash of terms.

All (UK) models come with the "luggage compartment cover". e.g. the thing that retracts from the top of the rear seats and hides stuff in the boot. Known almost everywhere else as a parcel shelf.

The "luggage compartment floor" is standard on SE , optional (£105) on Base and Sport. This is the folding shelf/false floor that sits in the bottom of teh boot - and once you've worked out how best to use it, makes much more useable space on the A2.

No whilst that is the case now, on 2002 models neither the retractable cover or the false floor were standard. I have a completely standard 2002 A2 1.4 petrol and neither expected nor had either of these items.

In the 2003 model line up now available the boot cover is standard. but the false floor is not.

Phil

So let me get this right....

I am expecting delivery of a 1.4 SE 2003 model in October and I should be looking for:

Parcel Shelf
Luggage floor (SE)
'Special Oil' in a Velcro bag
Warning triangle and first aid kit
Tool kit with no obvious gaps
Variable servicing activated - how would I know?

Anything else? Someone mentioned some aerodynamic windscreen wiper - any pictures?

If you have 2003 model it should have these things and more. You will know you have VSI if you press the left hand knob that is used for setting the clock on the dash whilst stationary the display will tell you how far till your next service. This figure will change and increase over the first few hundred miles if you have VSI in the first instance and then start dropping down.

Ade,

Could it be you mean the new windscreen wipers, shown on http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/ , Image gallery, Forum Photos. John Disdale displays here with two photos the difference between the old and the new ones.

JanF

2001 1.4 Petrol Exclusive
Cobalt Blue Metallic

I was told by my dealer that all cars are set in the factory for variable servicing and come with synthetic oil (the main difference from fixed servicing). My car had neither box ticked in the service schedule but like mentioned earlier the service interval is the biggest clue.

Griff

Ade-welcome to the forum. Another one in the stable!.

Your 2003 will also have the larger fuel tank and a rather nice, updated (over 2002) colour A2 owners manual!.

Where will it all end?.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Thanks All, just 4 weeks to go until I collect. I'm pressing the dealer to give me the free insurance offer at the moment (even though the offer details suggests all cars bought and delivered during Sept-Dec and I bought mine end of August).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back