MOT advisories parts advice

Hoachy

Got a few advisories and thought I would turn to the experts on here for recommendations on where to source parts, before I start seeing what I can find.

The parts I am after are
- Front discs and pads.
- Offside front brake hose.
- Offside rear handbrake cable (I've put a comment in the group order thread, but thought I would mention it here in case anyone had any other ideas).
- Front shocks.
- Strut tops.

I should mention that these are for a 52 plate 1.4 petrol.

Any advice is welcome, I'm still getting used to sourcing parts for my A2 and would like to get the best parts I can (without going mad with the cash).

Cheers

You just need to go to any decent local motor factor. All of the parts listed are consumable items and still readily available. The handbrake cable section that you require is still available and not part of the item available in the group order.

I'd advise against ebay or eurocarparts. Far better to be able to take an item, back to your local motorfactor if its the wrong item rather than having to send it back in the post.

You just need to go to any decent local motor factor. All of the parts listed are consumable items and still readily available. The handbrake cable section that you require is still available and not part of the item available in the group order.

I'd advise against ebay or eurocarparts. Far better to be able to take an item, back to your local motorfactor if its the wrong item rather than having to send it back in the post.
Thanks,

I did order a couple of parts from eurocarparts last year, but picked them up from one of their outlets so presumably return them there. Is it a problem with the quality of the parts they sell or just being able to return it?

Thanks,

I did order a couple of parts from eurocarparts last year, but picked them up from one of their outlets so presumably return them there. Is it a problem with the quality of the parts they sell or just being able to return it?
They all sell various different brands, so you can chose the quality you prefer or afford. From my own experience i've found euros to be very unreliable in giving the right car part to you. It's a bit of a running joke for many.

They all sell various different brands, so you can chose the quality you prefer or afford. From my own experience i've found euros to be very unreliable in giving the right car part to you. It's a bit of a running joke for many.
I didn't have any trouble with what I bought before, but will have a look and see what good factors are near me.

Thanks again for the advice, much appreciated.

Back