MOT help

AB922697-0B74-47A8-8152-3ECA08B1A130.jpeg
5E05D19E-5151-4C87-A227-E4B6AED691B0.jpeg

FD3A6266-B95A-49F5-855C-8AC30498D433.jpeg
I’m looking for some help, MOT time and Brad has failed, the main problem is a fuel leak, it’s a y reg 1.4 tdi 75 bhp, leaking from the fuel filter connection, I’ve read that replacing the filter might sort this but the garage is saying it needs a new hose and clips as per the diagram but they can’t source the parts circled, can anyone help? Thanks Rich.

The valve in the top of the filter is common to a lot of VW models. The filter is inexpensive.
generic diesel fuel hose of the correct size is easily available
The valve come with new clips and is available here

Parts 2 , 4 , and 5

Not wishing to be a bore, but I think you could do a lot worse than to give Gary a call at B&F Autos in West Hounslow. Not a lot they don't know about A2 and they keep a bill at a very reasoable level.

Happy hunting.

Sounds like a poor effort from the garage tbh

The suspension arm would be the bigger issue to resolve i would have thought

Thanks for your reply’s, I was a little surprised they had this difficulty with a common vag engine. Sometimes you wish people would say they don’t want the job

@NCB
SIMILAR part used on several VAG diesels. Important to note that the A2 is not listed on the site. Plus being an early tdi it MAY have the tank lift pump installed. Would not like to say if there would be issues using that part or not. It may not work at all or may cause issues under certain conditions.

It’s the fuel line non return valve. Pretty common to hold residual fuel pressure in the line even with a lift pump in the tank.
I would probably try it over a fuel leak, especially if it got me past an mot failure.
Of course I would
Keep any old parts removed to refit if a new “issue “ arose.
Perhaps just buying some hose and clips is an easier way forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All done, was with Gary for a week and picked back up on Friday, a very thorough service.

New rear brake drums and handbrake adjustment - just have to get use to a much tighter handbrake.
New rear tyre
New timing belt and water pump
New front passenger front anti roll bar drop link
new drivers side front wishbone
aircon service - aircon wiring was messed with before I bought the car and not earthed properly
Fuel filter and valve done
Some new bulbs

Feels much better to drive, Gary reckoned despite this there a good 6-7 years left in the car. Nothing major left to be done, other than keep an eye on the rear springs. Look replace front tyres in March /April - which is good timing as the front wheels are winter tyres and the rear summer, its like driving a car in two hemispheres...

Delighted to hear your news, my own views on tyres are that the Falken works very well on our standard wheels. Also good in both summer and winter and great in the wet.

Best wishes.

Could I suggest you put the winters on the rear (or far better, get a matching set!) - You don't want to lose the back end first in an emergency.

Thanks I'll have a think about that - money being drained this month after her in doors rubbed my golf along a pillar in Waitrose's carpark - using chips away or they could rename themselves very long deep scratch away!
Having said that Gary at B&F was very reasonable.

Taking an uninvited excursion may be even pricier than the Waitrose car park. Four new tyres might actually be a saving. Best of luck and Christmas Greetings.

Back