Multifunction Steering Wheel

Jellybean

A2OC Donor
Am thinking of installing a flat bottom mf steering wheel. I know the airbag has to be an 8X or 8V type, but can anyone advise any steering wheel references to look out for?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

There is only one man that can "steer" you in the right direction. That is Tom @timmus . Not sure what his current health status is though so may not respond.

P.S. Tom hope you are on the mend or better.

Am thinking of installing a flat bottom mf steering wheel. I know the airbag has to be an 8X or 8V type, but can anyone advise any steering wheel references to look out for?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
You’ve just saved me asking the question Bob as I’m wanting the multifunction steering wheel for Doris :)

Multifunction steering wheel compatibility is a total minefield. Unfortunately, you can't just buy a MFSW of a design you like and expect it to work with the stereo you've got.
There are then also airbag considerations.

Bob, we're both on the Scotland Social. Let's chat again in the pub later. :)

Audifan, thank you for your words of concern. I'm pleased to say that I'm 95% recovered and am back at work ...though have a huge backlog of things to get through, so apologies to those awaiting a PM or confirmation of when I can do the requested work on your A2.

Cheers,

Tom

You’ve just saved me asking the question Bob as I’m wanting the multifunction steering wheel for Doris :)
Same here. But I already saw here someone installing this:

My all time favourite is similar but very pricey..

Screenshot_20190522-212507_eBay.jpg

Back