My A2

JoshuA2

Hi all, thought it was about time I made a proper post about my A2 seen as it has been two years since I joined the club, and around two and a half years since I purchased my beloved A2.

Its a 2004(54) 1.4 tdi sport which I have been upgrading over the last two years. To put things into perspective I started upgrading it before I could even drive as I am 18 and bought the car when I was 16 with nearly a year to go until I could Learn to drive. I learnt how to drive in around 3 months and passed my tests First time. From then on, yes with some old car problems along the way, I have enjoyed every mile that's ticked over and every upgrade I have done to the car. So far I have put nearly 10K miles on the clock and lets just put it this way - I have nearly spent as many £'s on my A2 as the number of miles I have put on her!?!?!

So far I have done the following:

Bose sound system and iPod/USB/AUX integration - Installed by Tom
Tyres upgraded to Michelin Pilot Sport 3's
Platinum leather seats (currently stored in loft ) and Black leather and alcantara seats ( both with electric lumbar adjustment )
Wheels Refurbished
Spare Wheel
TT Metal Pedals
Second hand Genuine mats - however fronts need replacing as drivers side has big holes worn into it
False boot floor
Rear Cupholder unit and Centre console tray
TomTom Satnav - Hard wired by Tom
Cruise Control - Installed by Tom
Kompfortblinker indicator upgrade - Installed by Tom
Votex Bodykit (including attatched donor bumpers ) and respray - Thanks to Mike and Robin
Home made votext tacking covers ( I work in fabrication engineering )
Underbody front wheel arch aero trim - Thanks to Mike and Robin
Modified painted headlights (bought off ebay ) which needed a good wet sand and buff ( still not 100% )
New Steering Rack, CV boots and Rear Brake Calipers
Audi Themed Dust Caps
Heko wind deflectors
Mudflaps ( pre-votex and now stored )
Pressed Number Plates
Audi Themed Plate surround on Rear
Meyle HD Drop Links
Brembo Xtra-Line Drilled Discs and Brembo pads
Hel Braided Brake Lines
OE replacement brake disc dust guards ( colour matched to body! )
New ABS unit and master cylinder
Brake fluid change
Full interior LED light upgrade
LED Side lights, numberplate lights and reversing lights
Smoked Side indicators

The cars factory spec:

Front fog lights
Platinum cloth electric lumbar seats
Climate control
Full DIS
Optional metallic black paintwork

My plans are still endless for my A2 however I think I have one special A2 to be proud of!! Here are some pictures of the car when it was untouched, its upgrades and how it is today:

20151017_163220.jpg

20160325_155220.jpg

20160325_172257.jpg

20160915_181304.jpg

Josh's Phone 857.jpg

Josh's Phone 856.jpg

Josh's Phone 1249.jpg

Josh's Phone 1288.jpg

Josh's Phone 1745.jpg

Josh's Phone 1932.jpg

As you can see its my pride and joy and my goal is to keep it the rest of my life and complete the list of future mods to create a one of a kind A2.

This was my first post on the forum so I hope I didn't disappoint?!?!?!

Cheers
Josh

I'm disappointed, though only because I'm envious. ;) Nice looking and apparently well loved A2 you have there, particularly like the seat trim.
Hoping you'll stick around and post more photos of that lovely collection of aluminium. :D

You certainly didn't disappoint Josh, a great read, welcome aboard officially so to speak.

A stunning looking car and some tasteful additions you have made there. A beautiful shine too, clearly you were lavishing the polish and wax before passing your test and have continued to do so.

Great to see a youngster taking to an A2, respecting it for its engineering and heritage and planning on keeping this future (current to us) classic as a life-long keeper.

I look forward to watching your journey unfold. Definitely a show and shine that would look great lined up at a social or two this year.

Cheers,

Darren

Hi Josh,
What a fantastic beautiful first car you have there. Well worth all the ££££’s you have already spent and the ££££’s you are going to spend. Look forward to seeing your pride and joy in the flesh at a social or two later on in the year.
All the best.
Drew.

Great write up. My son is 16 and he has the A2 in my profile picture, he is gradually improving it with my help. Jobs for us to do in the next few weeks before he passes his test are cam belt, fix the OSS and add double DIN. We have already had the wheels refurbed and added 4 Toyo Proxes, completely renewed the rear suspension and installed Mintex discs and pads. The car was a £400 MOT failure and it’s really got under our skin. At 17 years old I had a Mk1 golf GTi and the A2 reminds me of that to some extent. I kept that car for 13 years and still keep in touch with the current owner.

It’s so good to see young people taking an interest in a decent engineered car rather than just follow the crowd and drive a corsa.

Well done, hope to see you at one of the events soon.

What a great looking car! Isn't it traditional for your first car to be a banger? Mine was! Yours is a smasher!

I'd like to see the TT pedals- was that an easy enough mod? Also the hard wired Tom Tom by Tom. Maybe a wee dashboard shot?

I wonder if it's possible to buy a small carpet square with overstitched edges and fix it over the holes in your mats? A lot of mays have extra thick pads where the heel rests... just a thought because I think real mats are scarce.

Anyway, great work on your fab car. Mine is jealous. And it definitely beats my £20 VW Polo for a first car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I salute you Josh for your determination to see all these mods completed, building what is ultimately a very beautiful A2 you have created there. I hope to see you and your car at a social some time this year. Simply stunning well done!

What a great looking car! Isn't it traditional for your first car to be a banger? Mine was! Yours is a smasher!
emoji16.png

I'd like to see the TT pedals- was that an easy enough mod? Also the hard wired Tom Tom by Tom. Maybe a wee dashboard shot?

I wonder if it's possible to buy a small carpet square with overstitched edges and fix it over the holes in your mats? A lot of mays have extra thick pads where the heel rests... just a thought because I think real mats are scarce.

Anyway, great work on your fab car. Mine is jealous. And it definitely beats my £20 VW Polo for a first car.
emoji6.png

Hi mate thanks for the lovely words.

Here are the pics you wanted and hope they help. Yes thw tt pedals are quite easy just the old factory plastic pedals are a pain to get off. Be careful you dont be replica ones as they have a loose fit and i think that is what i bought!! Lol.

Attachments

• 20170527_193753.jpg
    20170527_193753.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 475
  • Screenshot_20180209-224049.png
    Screenshot_20180209-224049.png
    1,009.8 KB · Views: 449
They do look good down there. I think I'll look out for some for mine.

The Tom nav is good there - that's where mine is. I planned a 5V USB power socket in the window panel but not gotten to it yet.

Looking good!

A very aspirational A2. Very tastefully modified. At your age it could have gone horribly wrong :) (I'm thinking neons etc)

Back