My problem and the scan result

hadi

A2OC Donor
My 52 plate tdi start playing up last week when I started I think it from cold it had terrible revs and idling then the abs light and the eps light would light up , when I tried to move off red warning and beeping apppered on the screen , after struggling for about a mile or two I'd stop switch off , then restart and it would work fine with no lights etc , only does when engine cold , changed glow plugs this week but still doing it so I got a vagcom scan earlier today and this is the results ,
IMG_4211.PNG

This implies either the injector loom has a fault that is preventing connection to cyl 1 or the injector itself for cyl 1 is faulty.
The injector loom would be my bet. You will need to access it by removing the rocker cover. Once off you can disconnect the wiring plugs to each of the injectors. Clean them and carefully inspect the wires and the connectors in the plugs. If the wiring is damaged you will need to replace the loom, the connectors can be gently squeezed to make a tighter contact onto each of the injectors. Alternatively as you have gone this far you may want to just replace the loom. That way nice new connectors and wiring that has not been immersed in hot / cold oil for its life. The second option of replacing the injector will be far more costly if needed.

BTW what is the cars mileage?

This implies either the injector loom has a fault that is preventing connection to cyl 1 or the injector itself for cyl 1 is faulty.
The injector loom would be my bet. You will need to access it by removing the rocker cover. Once off you can disconnect the wiring plugs to each of the injectors. Clean them and carefully inspect the wires and the connectors in the plugs. If the wiring is damaged you will need to replace the loom, the connectors can be gently squeezed to make a tighter contact onto each of the injectors. Alternatively as you have gone this far you may want to just replace the loom. That way nice new connectors and wiring that has not been immersed in hot / cold oil for its life. The second option of replacing the injector will be far more costly if needed.

BTW what is the cars mileage?
Thanks for your reply and help , the mileage is just over 151,000 what are the costs of these parts as I'd prefer to change both bits if possible ?

Injectors really do not know you would have to do some searching, possibly reconditioned better value. The loom I bought from here...

Just noticed they also do the injector USED....

From experience the loom is well and truly marinated about 125000 miles.

I had exactly the same in the summer, removed loom and tightened connectors so far so good!
A 10mm nut driver socket and 1/4 nut drive socket really helped in order to get on the rear bolt close to inlet manifold, also a long ball end 5mm allen was ideal to remove egr valve (AMF) to allow better access and cleaning of valve.

I also voting for the loom
Last one i changed was £68 inc vat from tps
I’ve never know an injector fail, they wear but electrical failure is almost unknown on the PD engines. Also they are quite involved process and tools needed to change the injectors

I would check and retighten the loom connectors, try to not move the loom too much. If this doesn’t work then change the loom

I would say 80% of the time tightening up the connectors fixes the problem long term
I had a 1.4 tdi at 288,000 miles on original loom so certainly miles is no indication of when a loom will fail

Cheers. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also voting for the loom
Last one i changed was £68 inc vat from tps
I’ve never know an injector fail, they wear but electrical failure is almost unknown on the PD engines. Also they are quite involved process and tools needed to change the injectors

I would check and retighten the loom connectors, try to not move the loom too much. If this doesn’t work then change the loom

I would say 80% of the time tightening up the connectors fixes the problem long term
I had a 1.4 tdi at 288,000 miles on original loom so certainly miles is no indication of when a loom will fail

Cheers. Paul

Hi Paul the problem now is permanent doing it when warm now , it's going in on Wednesday for a new loom and a thermostat ( unrelated) pray to god it sorts this problem

Back