NAPA springs - any experiences?

nod

Hi folks, Just wondering if NAPA springs are any good? ordered some Kilens, but had a problem with delivery - the motorfactors have offered NAPA as an alternative. Crazy cheap - £38 for the set, front and rears...Any experiences of these springs?
cheers

I fitted them on my wife's Passat two years ago, no issues. I also fitted them on the rear of my brother in laws A2 earlier this year and so far no issues. My motor factor guy recommended them and thinks they are made for NAPA by Monroe. He has sold dozens of sets without issue. The quality will never be as good as Koni or Bilstien mind.

I fitted them on my wife's Passat two years ago, no issues. I also fitted them on the rear of my brother in laws A2 earlier this year and so far no issues. My motor factor guy recommended them and thinks they are made for NAPA by Monroe. He has sold dozens of sets without issue. The quality will never be as good as Koni or Bilstein mind.

The specification of the front NAPA NCS1620 springs matches KYB RH1664 and Japanparts ZC1664H.
Length 330mm
Thickness 12mm
Diameter 140mm

The specification of the rear NAPA CS1439 springs matches KYB RH5514, Japanparts ZC5514H, and Ashika ZCA5514H.
Length 338mm
Thickness 9.75mm
Diameter 105mm

As KYB is a much bigger player than either Japanparts or Ashika, I suspect NAPA are rebranded KYB springs...unless NAPA are simply copying the specification of KYB springs.

I doubt NAPA are Monroe springs as the specifications don't match.

Last edited:
Reactions: nod
Back