Need help with Throttle Body adaptation & Part Number

Sylvester

Hi, I've been sorting out MAP sensor fault codes possible issues, and after cleaning the vent hoses, I've removed the TB to see how dirty it is, but upon assembling, I can't do adaptation.

It's clicking back and forth at first, but few seconds later, the plate is just shaking/vibrating in the same position for 2-3 seconds. Then it opens up a bit more and the same cycle happens again in a loop, keep showing with ADP runs, ADP ok, ADP error...
Along with the MAP fault code I used to get TB 1 sensor or TB 2 sensor codes, but after deleting them when cleaning the vent hoses, those didn't come back. Can those be the reasons the adaptation doesn't work? Do I need a new Throttle Body?

Also due the issues, I haven't been driving for 2-3 weeks and the battery voltage dropped to 11.60v. What if it goes below the 11.5v, which is the lowest requirement for TB adaptation, doesn't it mean it won't work with e.g.: 11.0v? Thanks

Regardless as the power is low I would rectify that first then proceed with the throttle body.

Regardless as the power is low I would rectify that first then proceed with the throttle body.
I'm gonna ask around for a charger, and meanwhile I was looking at new TB too, but not sure which one is for 2001 1.4 petrol: 036133062B or 036133062N? Both number come up a lot. Thanks

I'm gonna ask around for a charger, and meanwhile I was looking at new TB too, but not sure which one is for 2001 1.4 petrol: 036133062B or 036133062N? Both number come up a lot. Thanks
I've looked at the A2 diagrams from 2000 to 2005 and they all come up with the part number - 036 133 062 L

The above ones are probably extremely similar/ identical but I would wait until someone who knows what they are talking about comes along.

I've looked at the A2 diagrams from 2000 to 2005 and they all come up with the part number - 036 133 062 L

The above ones are probably extremely similar/ identical but I would wait until someone who knows what they are talking about comes along.
Yes they're, I think one in the diagram is for 2002+, but not sure, hopefully someone will shed some some light, which one is good for 2001 1.4 AUA petrol. Thanks

we have a 2002 AUA petrol and I replaced the TB with one off Amazon - I don't think I went to quite the degree of worry about the last digit of the part because I knew less about A2s then (it was before I encountered 7zap I think) and just went with what the search found. Managed to adapt it using my VAG401, at the 2nd time of asking - it was a lot better than the original which was full of tar and not much good at all. In retrospect I think I was very lucky as I didn't have the budget to get a Bosch or a Pierburg or similar, and the much cheaper alternatives don't always have a great reputation (with hindsight). Neither for that matter does this reader, but it works for me.

we have a 2002 AUA petrol and I replaced the TB with one off Amazon - I don't think I went to quite the degree of worry about the last digit of the part because I knew less about A2s then (it was before I encountered 7zap I think) and just went with what the search found. Managed to adapt it using my VAG401, at the 2nd time of asking - it was a lot better than the original which was full of tar and not much good at all. In retrospect I think I was very lucky as I didn't have the budget to get a Bosch or a Pierburg or similar, and the much cheaper alternatives don't always have a great reputation (with hindsight). Neither for that matter does this reader, but it works for me.
I've got a vag401 too, and today I actually wanted to update the software, but after I formatted the SD card that came with it, like said on the website's description, turns out the update isn't available anymore. So now it won't even turn on due missing files on SD card. Which is great as I'm in the middle of fixing the car and I really need that tool.
I've been messaging the company to replace the file but it's in China, so probably they won't even reply. Any chance you could copy the data from your vag401's SD card and send it to me? It should be no more than 10mb. Thank you.

I've got a vag401 too, and today I actually wanted to update the software, but after I formatted the SD card that came with it, like said on the website's description, turns out the update isn't available anymore. So now it won't even turn on due missing files on SD card. Which is great as I'm in the middle of fixing the car and I really need that tool.
I've been messaging the company to replace the file but it's in China, so probably they won't even reply. Any chance you could copy the data from your vag401's SD card and send it to me? It should be no more than 10mb. Thank you.
I can have a go, although I'm using a Mac so whether this will cause any other issues I don't know.

What does the process involve? Is it just an SD card that is already inserted in the 401, so treat it like a file cache, take it out and plug it into an SD card reader and copy the contents across to my laptop then Email, or is it something I need to put into the 401? I think I've plugged my 401 into my laptop once when it was playing up, so alternatively is it something I can do just using the USB cable?

If you can advise on this highly sophisticated technical question above I can try to turn this around before I head out to work - perhaps PM me your Email address details, although I could perhaps attach here.

I can have a go, although I'm using a Mac so whether this will cause any other issues I don't know.

What does the process involve? Is it just an SD card that is already inserted in the 401, so treat it like a file cache, take it out and plug it into an SD card reader and copy the contents across to my laptop then Email, or is it something I need to put into the 401? I think I've plugged my 401 into my laptop once when it was playing up, so alternatively is it something I can do just using the USB cable?

If you can advise on this highly sophisticated technical question above I can try to turn this around before I head out to work - perhaps PM me your Email address details, although I could perhaps attach here.
Thank you Robin, I appreciate it. I've started work at 5am, so I couldn't reply earlier.
Yes either way should be good, copy-paste whole memory card data is the easiest, I assume usb transfer might be good as well, as long the system recognise the SD card files.
Let me know if that works on Mac, and if the data of over 5mb I'll PM you my email address. Thanks again.

Back