New 1.4 petrol SE owner

Hi all,

After much reading on this forum I am now the proud owner of my own little A2. Silver 51 plate with a few jobs needed but She seems pretty decent after a few long drives and nice new battery. not many miles clocked up in the last couple of years and gap in the service history so looking to get a full service done even though MOT’d until October next year.

Can anyone recommend a good garage in Bristol for getting a service and possibly cambelt and water pump (as 77000 miles and no record of being changed in the service book)?

I’ve had a good look at her and am hoping I’ve got myself a legit city runaround for the nursery run ??

Jobs include

- fixing the fuel flap switch (have to use the manual override for now) and the little metal clip that releases the filler flap - it sticks in and won’t release the flap unless “encouraged”
- new bumper as bit scuffed and small crack on underside
- new mirror switch to replace the broken one

Can anyone recommend a good garage in Bristol for getting a service and possibly cambelt and water pump (as 77000 miles and no record of being changed in the service book)?
Welcome.

A member asked the same question in July and while being not exactly Bristol they received one recommendation in Bath.

Andy

Jobs include

- fixing the fuel flap switch (have to use the manual override for now) and the little metal clip that releases the filler flap - it sticks in and won’t release the flap unless “encouraged”
@A2Steve is your friend for the parts at good prices.

Jobs include

@DS287 don’t you have a good independent in Bristol?

I've been using All Audi in Brislington, Bristol, for the last 15 years. Just had cambelt and water pump changed as well as a few other bits for the MOT. They also have a very good stock of second hand parts. Highly recommended.

Brilliant, thanks @DS287 ill give them a call and get her booked in. Do you mind me asking ball park cost for the cambelt and water pump? And is it worth having anything else done at the same time? I’ll get the oil service done and air filter. Love a big invoice early doors!

No worries, they can be a bit slow at answering the phone so keep trying! Website gives cambelt and water pump at £320 + vat. Definitely worth getting them to inspect it and make any recommendations. Ask for Dean.
Cheers.

Well I’ve just done the pollen filter during a particularly dull teleconference ?? - upside of home working I guess. Old filter was was clearly due out and you guys weren’t lying about the retainer being a sod to get back in

Back