New A2 owner from Sweden

SEA2Driver

Hi all A2 entusiasts!

I realized that I needed a project to work on this summer when my vacation plans had to be cancelled due to the travel restrictions. I then decided that it was now time for me to finally buy an Audi A2 to use as a summer car. In May I saw an ad for a 1.6 FSI S-line Plus which I decided to buy despite that the condition of the car was not as good as I would have hoped for. The project has kept my quite busy so far but the only thing that remains to do now is the replace the front springs since one of them is broken. I have also had time to retrofit cruise control, auto dimming rear mirror (unfortunately it turned out that the used mirror that bought from the breaker is not working) Bluetooth handsfree and comfort blinker. I have already some thoughts of buying the next A2 to work on ?

Cheers
Nicklas

IMG_8132.jpeg
IMG_8147.jpeg
IMG_8138.jpeg
IMG_8149.jpeg

Welcome to the forum :D That's a stunning looking car! We never had the S-line or the S-line plus in the UK. We had a Sport model with the same shape seats, and the leather/alcantara ones were available as an option, but never the leather and smooth fabric ones like these.

Thanks :) For me the S-line is the most sought-after version of the A2. The car was sold in Germany as new in September 2002 and was imported to Sweden in June 2004. Unfortunately the car have some scratches to the paintwork which are not visible on the pictures.

So far, I have replaced following things to the car:

• Fuel filter
  • Front discs and pads
  • Rear discs and pads
  • Both rear brake dust shields
  • Oil and filter
  • Brake fluid
  • Air filter
  • One ignition pack
  • All spark plugs
  • Both front springs
  • Worn out buttons on the aircon
  • Both number plate units
I have also polished both front lamp lenses and repaired the EGR pipe. Cambelt kit was changed in January 2020 by the previous owner

Back