New A2 owner

Mattjones

Hi all, decided to buy myself an Audi A2 tdi, I wanted a commuter for work which is cheap to run, 4 door (for the kids) and save the miles on my VW transporter t5.1 camper, had the car a week now and loving it, fun little thing to drive, having had many vag cars from mk1 to mk6 golfs to Audi S3’s I can honestly say this is as fun to drive as any of those albeit without the speed, it does a have a few small issues but I only paid £600 for it so all in all I’m happy with it, hoping to get a bit of knowledge about issues on it as time goes by
74293C43-6AAB-46BA-9A8E-6BB5B0E03E4A.jpeg

Yeah I knocked him down from £900 due to it have a few of the usual common faults, faulty fuel gauge stuck on full (yet to sort that) engine sluggish starting (dirty earth lead) pulling badly to the left when driving (nearly flat n/s rear tyre) and the headlining was down on the drivers side so sorted that with some spray adhesive and it was absolutely stinking inside and out when I picked it up, all in all a good little runner, I do need a few parts, I’ve messaged a lad local to me who said he was on here so going to collect some things from him in the week

A2 Steve as a good a supply of parts.
Sounds like you're on your way to sorting out any problems you have.

Welcome aboard Matt.

A great choice in commuter and a nice looking colour storm. It still amazes me how much of a bargain these cars are in the current climate, especially when accounting for the aluminium space frame and solid materials/build.

All the best.

Welcome, looks like a bargain, what mileage is on it? In case you haven't seen the thread, I'd suggest one of the most important jobs is checking the wishbones.

Whipped the fuel sender out today and it was stinking, I’ve given it a clean up so hopefully that rectifies the fuel gauge problem, just need to wait for the fuel to go down a bit now to see if the gauge moves down ? I love how easy these cars are to work on
5EF549E9-DC68-47E4-861B-7E3060DDEE5C.jpeg

Back