New member - should I get a yellow s-line?

Mark_S

Hello All,
Looking for a used runner in the Netherlands, long time admirer of the A2
Quite a few available in NL, but I spotted a low milage Storm yellow s-line. 2004 88,000km in very decent shape (1.4 petrol).
Is this a good choice if I can get for less than €5000?
Thanks,
Mark
7052CCDC-9595-4929-BD91-E97FDC6F7C93.jpeg

Yellow storms very rarely come up for sale now in the UK Mark. If it's got a good service history and has been well looked after then its a good choice.

I hope all goes well for any viewings and welcome to the forum. If you need any help or friendly advice you've come to the right place. ?

How hard is it to buy from neighbouring countries? As I found this.... in Belgium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not too challenging, I imported a campervan from Germany few yrs ago. But I dont own a car, so logistics of travelling to Belgium is a hassle. Plus that car is pretty rough even for 900€, with 280,000km. I live in an apartment so not really looking for a project car. I can find lots of high milage units in NL. Thanks for the link.

Its not too challenging, I imported a campervan from Germany few yrs ago. But I dont own a car, so logistics of travelling to Belgium is a hassle. Plus that car is pretty rough even for 900€, with 280,000km. I live in an apartment so not really looking for a project car. I can find lots of high milage units in NL. Thanks for the link.

Yeah it does need some work!.

Your original one looks good do you have a link to the sale? Any more pic?

Looks like sport seats also, but if thought an s-line had dark roof lining and different clocks/steering wheel. My guess is maybe it is specced up differently and/or you had different options available in Europe.

Looks like sport seats also, but if thought an s-line had dark roof lining and different clocks/steering wheel. My guess is maybe it is specced up differently and/or you had different options available in Europe.

Yeah my understanding of an s-line spec was effectively an A2 sport, with an all black interior, including the headlining, perforated leather trim and revised badging

It's a lovely looking car that appears well cared for. Providing it has solid service history, the low mileage makes it a really good buy.

How hard is it to buy from neighbouring countries? As I found this.... in Belgium

For a moment I thought you meant for you!! I was going to question how many yellow A2’s one family could cope with Ed!

The S-Line badges look off-center which they should not be, though not sure how well they stick to the Colour.Storm black paint.
The 17" wheels and seemingly lowered stance in combination with sports seats look in line with an S-Line model. (Though you may want to confirm that it came with all those from the factory via the boot sticker's codes)

Are the bose speaker covers fake, possibly?

I also feel like the car has been for sale for a while already (I tend to check EU-wide A2 offers daily...), seems suspicious noone would have gone for it yet.

Yeah my understanding of an s-line spec was effectively an A2 sport, with an all black interior, including the headlining, perforated leather trim and revised badging

Black headliner, special seats, grey speedo surrounds and perforated leather accents belong to "S-Line Plus" spec, which was above "normal" S-Line which I think was just lowered suspension, 17" wheels, sports seats and badges on the rear doors. (Unfortunately, over here, some of the extra features of a UK-spec sport (like FIS I think) were not included and had to be ordered separately so many don't have those)

Yep, according to my limited knowledge of Central European A2 specifications, @Seb_Gurkyh is correct. This is an S-line rather than an S-line Plus.

Cheers,

Tom

Back