New Owner with a couple of questions?

JonnyL

Hi,

I've Just bought a 1.4 TDI sport with 101k and had a few questions:

1. The temperature gauge never seems to rise above 80 even after a good run. I had pd Passat prior to this and it always sat dead centre at 90. Is this normal for the A2 TDI BHC?
2. Is it possible to replace the glass only in the tailgate or is it bonded to the rear hatch as my rear spolier has leaked and there is some bad staining to internal section of the glass? I have bought another scrap tailgate but wondered if the glass could simply be changed itself?
3. I'm arranging for car to have a new timing belt and water pump next week as it was last done at 83K in 2013. Is there anything else you would recommend from a preventative aspect as the car has only done 18K in the last 5 years?

Cheers Jon

The temperature gauge issue normaly relates to a faulty thermostat. If you change it consider changing the temperature sender unit at the same time.

The rear screens have to be cut out with cutting wire. It's the only way of changing the spoiler, unless you change the whole bootlid.

The rear screens have to be cut out with cutting wire. It's the only way of changing the spoiler, unless you change the whole bootlid.

Thanks both.

Looks like ill replace the whole hatch then, luckily its the same colour.

cheers Jon

if you bought the hatch and it's the same paint colour then its a no brainer to swap over the entire hatch. There is still some work to remove all the wiring from inside the hatch and then thread this through the hole once the gaiter is pulled out of the hatch (there is no connector in the loom)
Cheers,

Back