New wiper arm.

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
My wiper arm has started to rattle on the screen so I've bent it up away from the glass and it's cured the problem for now. I rang Audi Bolton and was quoted £120 +VAT Owch. I believe it's the rivets that wear. Any advice as to fixing the rivets guys?

£105 at crew. Thanks for the offer Steve. I'm sure that the rivets can be fixed so will have a go on a spare one I have first.

I also repaired my aero wiper arm and replaced the rubber bushes with poly washers(fabricated myself). But haven't had chance to use as currently fitted to my project.

Last edited:
I certainly do, The refurbishment of the aero wiper arm assembly consists of -
remove the worn rivets / pivot pins
measure and ream out the arm end bushes to remove minimum material to return to round (they wear oval)
manufacture custom pivot pins from Aircraft grade stainless steel, including a lubrication helical groove
remove any rust on the wiper arms and end fitting, reassemble with the new pins and rivet the pins
repaint the arms and end fitting
lubricate the pins
As you can see there is a lot of work involved in the above refurb, the cost is £30 + P&P (around £7 due to size)

I also make a 3D printed cover, this makes the wiper arm look finished and not naked, it also covers the pivot/rivets and therefore prevent water ingress into the pivots and therefore greatly helps to keep the lubrication in place which will mean the wiper assy last a lot longer before the wear returns.
These covers are £10 and if ordered with a refurbished aero wiper arm will be fitted in place and sprayed the same matt black for a perfect match

PM me if anyone is interested in these, I will do my best to turn the wiper assy around over a weekend, but this is not always possible, so please expect your A2 to be wiperless for around week

cheers,
Paul (depronman)

An excellent alternative to buying new and cheaper is a refurbished arm from Paul( @depronman ), better than the original. Read the post above yours for details he may post to France.

Andy

I fear the postage to and from France may make this a very expensive wiper arm
I also have no LH wiper arms so would need the original to refurbish and return to France

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

measure and ream out the arm end bushes to remove minimum material to return to round (they wear oval)
manufacture custom pivot pins from Aircraft grade stainless steel, including a lubrication helical groove
remove any rust on the wiper arms and end fitting, reassemble with the new pins and rivet the pins
lubricate the pins
As you can see there is a lot of work involved in the above refurb, the cost is £30 + P&P (around £7 due to size)

I also make a 3D printed cover, this makes the wiper arm look finished and not naked, it also covers the pivot/rivets and therefore prevent water ingress into the pivots and therefore greatly helps to keep the lubrication in place which will mean the wiper assy last a lot longer before the wear returns.
These covers are £10 and if ordered with a refurbished aero wiper arm will be fitted in place and sprayed the same matt black for a perfect match

PM me if anyone is interested in these, I will do my best to turn the wiper assy around over a weekend, but this is not always possible, so please expect your A2 to be wiperless for around week

cheers,
Paul (depronman)
Just had one fitted from Rob at WOM spot on with cover

lubricate the pins

cheers,
Paul (depronman)
Hi Deproman,
I think I need your services. There's

Back