Newby

DCHA1

I thought it was time to introduce myself as I am now officially an A2 owner! Liked these cars for a while and when I needed a run around/commuter car it seemed the best car for the job. Having just sold my 3 year old S3, the speed of the A2 took a bit of getting used to but I think its great now! I patiently (well sort of) waited for something local to come along and was pleased with my reward - a dolphin grey 1.4se petrol with open sky roof (which works - for now) and full leather seats. It had 132k on it and seemed a bit of a bargain as was only advertised locally. Spent the same again making sure it was running smoothly as my commute is 50 miles a day so it needed to be reliable and so far its going great. The EML is on but been diagnosed as the EGR valve which the garage cleaned up but light came back on, but will just ignore for now as everything seems fine. Being up in the north east of Scotland, there are surprisingly still quite a few A2's buzzing around which is nice to see.

A few jobs still to do at some point - the usual areas (climate control and headlight switch) but generally it looks good. Just bought a rear wheel arch trim as mine was badly scratched, so that will be my first repair.

Looking forward to reading up more and buying some bits and pieces!

Thanks

Duncan

Attachments

• A2-2.jpg
    A2-2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 275
  • InkedA2-6_LI.jpg
    InkedA2-6_LI.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 252
  • A2-1.jpg
    A2-1.jpg
    801.9 KB · Views: 266
  • InkedA2-4_2.jpg
    InkedA2-4_2.jpg
    642.3 KB · Views: 256
Welcome along, looks good. I bet the S3 to 1.4 petrol change did take some getting used to. Its surprising just how well these cars hide their mileage.

If you need any parts just give me a shout, currently have a 1.4 petrol being 'recycled' in the garage.

Welcome to the A2OC :) I must agree with Steve these cars look amazing for the mileage. I hope your happy with it and I’m sure you will double the mileage in this wonderful car and I hope you enjoy every second of it :)

I thought it was time to introduce myself as I am now officially an A2 owner! Liked these cars for a while and when I needed a run around/commuter car it seemed the best car for the job. Having just sold my 3 year old S3, the speed of the A2 took a bit of getting used to but I think its great now! I patiently (well sort of) waited for something local to come along and was pleased with my reward - a dolphin grey 1.4se petrol with open sky roof (which works - for now) and full leather seats. It had 132k on it and seemed a bit of a bargain as was only advertised locally. Spent the same again making sure it was running smoothly as my commute is 50 miles a day so it needed to be reliable and so far its going great. The EML is on but been diagnosed as the EGR valve which the garage cleaned up but light came back on, but will just ignore for now as everything seems fine. Being up in the north east of Scotland, there are surprisingly still quite a few A2's buzzing around which is nice to see.

A few jobs still to do at some point - the usual areas (climate control and headlight switch) but generally it looks good. Just bought a rear wheel arch trim as mine was badly scratched, so that will be my first repair.

Looking forward to reading up more and buying some bits and pieces!

Thanks

Duncan
Very nice choice of color! Welcome to the club :)

Welcome Duncan. Is that the one from Gumtree with grey leather? I saw it a few weeks ago, it didn't hang around long as it was a bit of a bargain. Very nice, I hope it serves you well.

Yeah from Gumtree. I knew they weren’t often for sale for long especially ones I could nip round and actually see in the flesh so left it about a day before going to view! As I said, it did need some immediate work but would rather that than pay twice that and potentially still have work to do. Anyway, yeah pleased with it!

Welcome along, looks good. I bet the S3 to 1.4 petrol change did take some getting used to. Its surprising just how well these cars hide their mileage.

If you need any parts just give me a shout, currently have a 1.4 petrol being 'recycled' in the garage.
Thanks, it’s not fast but it’s the handling I think that has impressed me the most!

Welcome Duncan. Looks very neat on the outside and leather seats and a working open sky roof are certainly much wanted bonus features.

Come the MOT you will need to sort the EML as there are reports that the new regulations make this a failure.

Welcome Duncan. Looks very neat on the outside and leather seats and a working open sky roof are certainly much wanted bonus features.

Come the MOT you will need to sort the EML as there are reports that the new regulations make this a failure.
Cool thanks for the info. Hopefully replacing the EGR isn’t a big job

Duncan won't be bothered about the EML at his MOT - his car predates the regulation change (which applies to cars first used from 1st July 2003).
Even better news! Notice it’s passed with it’s mot previously with the eml on but that’s in the past so wasn’t sure if new rules applied. Local garage will check it regularly to check no other issues have come up

Back