No cold air!

Aluminium

A2OC Donor
Hi chaps, my TDI 90 Sport has developed an odd fault today . . .

Switched on the heater this afternoon and all I got was very hot air coming from the vents despite setting the temp to 21 degrees with the ECON button.
I ran through the whole gamut of temperature settings with and without AIR CON but it still blows just very hot air.

Anyone got any clues on this phenomenon . . ?

as far as i know if u press ECON it means that the compressor is off so no aircon(no cold air).Try with AUTO on and see if it works.
Hope it helps!

Its possible one of the motorised flaps has failed or stuck. The flaps are use to blend hot air from the heater matrix with cold air and direct the airflow to the screen or footwells etc. A failed temp sender is another possibility.
Probably worth starting with a diagnostic scan.

Cheers Spike

It's working fine today!

The flaps appear to be working perfectly so at a guess I'd say it's a faulty temp sender.

Is there anyone near Leicester who'd be willing to scan my A2 . . ?

The flaps are a regular culprit. Mine did the same as yours a while back. But I have not had a problem since, so I will not worry about it now and deal with it when it gets to be a problem.

But touch wood it's been fine for months:)

Cheers

David

I might nip across to Stealth tomorrow, get it scanned and see what transpires . . .

Let's hope we have nothing to worry about David!

Some club members have had success in freeing off the motorised flaps by giving them a good work out using the buttons on the climate panel.

Cheers Spike

Reactions: dlp
Thanks Spike, maybe having played with the flaps :D I've managed to free-off the motors a bit.

Hopefully a scan will give us a clue . . .

Got it scanned at Stealth today . . .
Fault code: 01271 - Positioning Motor for Temperature Flap (V68) 41-10 - Blocked or No Voltage - Intermittant.

Vince cleared the code and advised me to run through the whole temp range again if the same occurs.

Resurrecting this old thread since I've had the problem re-appear recently.
I went to see Vince at Stealth again and the exact same error has come up but they've never had to delve into the problem before so they're unsure if it requires the dash' to come out.

Error: 01271 Positioning Motor for Temperature Flap (V68) 41-10 Blocked or No Voltage - Intermittent.

So has anyone ever done any work on this motor and is it easily accessible?

Ref the attached schematic, V68 is fairly low down on the centre console side of the drivers footwell so it may be accessible by removing the under dash panel. There is an alloy plate partially covering the position motor but I can't recall if this would hinder removal.
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2973&d=1236108437
Note the illustration shows the view from the front of the car looking into the cabin.

Before considering removal, check if its possible to apply 12v directly to the position motor as this may help free it off (they normally work on 5 or 6v)

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
I had this issue a few months ago and it came back today. The climate is only blowing hot air ( flippin hair dryer hot). Theres clearly a fault of some kind at work here, but considering it happened a few months back - the only fault code that came up when Stealth did my remap was a faulty glow plug. Nothing at all recording a fault with the air conditioning.

I had a play with the directional flap settings whilst being slowly cooked and all is working fine; its also had an aircon service and regas in the last couple of years.

I just turned it off in the end as things were a bit too balmy for this Scots lads liking - and the car wont be used for a week as its in Glasgow Audi's bodyshop getting the doors painted.

We'll see if it clears itself by the time the car returns; otherwise I'll need to get someone to have a look after a bit more reading on here.

I had the same thing happen to mine in the last few weeks. Having to keep turning it on and off as on is too hot and off is too cold.

I will try playing with the controls to try and move the flaps about as described in this thread and see if it helps.

Back