Noisy Wipers - HELP

Hi folks
My wiper always drags on the way back down to the bottom of the windscreen - there is not a noise when it is coming up but always drags on the way back down regardless of how much rain there is
It's a new / refurbished arm supplied by Deproman last year so that shouldn't be an issue but are there any adjustments I can make?
Also a new Bosch wiper blade has been fitted
Thanks

It's just possible that you've got somrthing nasty on your windscreen, try a good clean with some meths.

Worth giving that a go. (I have a depronman wiper and a Bosch blade)

Best of luck.

It's just possible that you've got somrthing nasty on your windscreen, try a good clean with some meths.

Worth giving that a go. (I have a depronman wiper and a Bosch blade)

Best of luck.
Hi Simon
It was a brand new windscreen fitted last year as the old wiper arm had scored the original and I have tried glass cleaner, etc but not meths so i'll give that a go but its strange that it only drags on the way back own and not on the upward movement

Hi Simon
It was a brand new windscreen fitted last year as the old wiper arm had scored the original and I have tried glass cleaner, etc but not meths so i'll give that a go but its strange that it only drags on the way back own and not on the upward movement
Can you tell if the noise is coming from blade to screen, or the wiper motor?
Mac.

Can you tell if the noise is coming from blade to screen, or the wiper motor?
Mac.
It's definitely the rubber blade rubbing against the screen - I tried to upload a video there but the filesize was too big - the vibration starts when the blade is just past halfway on its way back to the bottom of the screen
It's very annoying especially in Ireland when we get so much rain over here!

Hi folks
My wiper always drags on the way back down to the bottom of the windscreen - there is not a noise when it is coming up but always drags on the way back down regardless of how much rain there is
It's a new / refurbished arm supplied by Deproman last year so that shouldn't be an issue but are there any adjustments I can make?
Thanks
I would try the meths first but if that fails try using a clay bar & lube to clean the glass, I always use white vinegar to clean the wiper blade , even new ones get dirty very quickly.

Better still get some Gteqnic glass treatment for your screen
Works a treat.
Keith

Give the wiper blade and screen a good clean. Then clean the screen again with paper towel and WD40. It works every time and doesn't smear

It's definitely the rubber blade rubbing against the screen - I tried to upload a video there but the filesize was too big - the vibration starts when the blade is just past halfway on its way back to the bottom of the screen
It's very annoying especially in Ireland when we get so much rain over here!
For video filesize issues, download "Handbrake" - I was recommended it by a colleague around 4 years ago and I use it religiously whenever I have to upload video somewhere as it is a very effective free file-size reduction tool.

Hi folks
Thanks
It will be the smaller of the 2 wiper spindles starting to seize up , if you remove the wiper arm only the big spindle is driven , the small one just spins in the mechanism housing .
Both of the mechanisms that I’ve
Serviced were seized .
Hope that helps
Keith .

Agree with Keith about the seized small spindle.

The best way to completely clean the windscreen especially if you have had some treatment on it i.e. rainx is to use steel wool.

Yes you did hear correctly steel wool but you must use 0000 grade known as fournought as this will do zero damage to the glass but remove all contaminates. Just do not get the wool wet and hose off the particles to ensure the steel is washed away so as not to rust.

The early type hook arm can be twisted to correctly set the blade angle. Unfortunately there is no adjustment for the aero arm.

Here is the instructions for the hook arm..

I may need a new windscreen wiper soon so called in at Halfords, Pontefract, in the hope of buying a new Bosch aerotwin. They didnt have one in stock and neither did the Wakefield branch which was odd. I know they are available on ebay but its sometimes nice to buy the old fashioned way with an over the counter sale.

Undeterred i visited Euro car parts and again found that they no longer supply A2 windscreen wipers. The kind sales assistant directed me across the road to "Wakefield Wiper Blades". They stock a wiper manufactured by " Heyner" in Germany which ive never heard of before. I was a bit sceptical but they quoted me £10 fitted which seemed reasonable so i went ahead and bought one.

The initial verdict is a good one, which surprised me, although i,m not sure how long it will last.

Back