Normal faults and service bulletins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rickard940r

I´m about to buy an audi a2 and I have searched the internet after normal faults and audis service bulletins without any result.

What are the normal problems with audi a2?
And do they have any service bulletins on the car?

/Rickard

Mine had the front suspension bearings go after 6 months

o.k
Things to check before buying the A2

1 the front tyres have worn down evenly across the whole tread of the tyre no excessive wear on the inside tread of both front tyres.

2 Drop links have no side play in them

3 check anti-roll bar bushes have no play in them and there is no knocking whilst driving over bumps in the road.

4 check all speakers work and there are no interior rattles whilst driving.

5 check rear reg plate lights are not cracking around the securing screws

6 check radio reception on various bands eg LW SW FM MW

7 check glove box light comes on when the cars lights are on.

8 check rear boot light and lock all work correctly.

9 check emergency indicators work

10 get a 4 point wheel laser alignment carried out on the car before car acceptance. (is done under warranty do not let them charge you)

And there is a starter for 10 on the A2 checks that would be worth carrying out before purchasing the vehicle.

cheers

Andy simmons

A2 gone but much loved[37]

A.D.Simmons

Also check the windows don't want to wind themselves back down when you press the button (to the second click) to do the window up in one go.

We had this problem, months ago, had it fixed, 3 times it went in, now it's started again.

A tad enoying,

My rear light duffers have recently cracked also,

hth

bba

one thing you can check related to the windows is, if you buy some audi silicon free lubricant usually in a white bottle just wind the window down and lightly grease the window guides this usually reduces this problem you have with the window.
Usually occurs in summer more than winter due to all the rubber guides expanding and gripping the glass more and makeing the torque sensor trip and causeing the window to wind down on itself.This is a safety feature of Audi to stop any objects getting caught in the window.
A4's suffer alot more from this problem.

Cheers

andy (A2 gone but much loved)

A.D.Simmons

Older A2's suffered from drive shaft problems which was resolved with glue (don't laugh). Make the A2 sounds like a bag of spanners.

Moo-ing noise from the exhaust gas recirculation valve which the dealer should know about and can fix.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk
Click on "Car-by-car breakdown," and select Audi then A2. This club corrected an error in the data on the A2 page.

This page also has information on faults which will be fixed by the factory ("recalls.")

Chivers ':)'
'02 A2 1.4TDi SE

I also have the window problem which re opens itself when trying to close.
When i took it to the showroom, it was working fine. And they checked the computer and found an electrical problem and refitted somthing in the dash but that hasn;t fixed the problem?
This was a while ago, do you think i should get this checked. Sometimes the window does it and then refuses to close without heavy button press.

I also get big bumps when drivin over a small hole or bump in the road. The whole dash shakes and even the cd player skips? do you think i should get this checked, is there a fix for this ?

Black 2001 A2 with 16" 6 spoke, Open sky system, xenon lights, and concert single cd.
Tha Best

IQ

Your second problem-I had the same on my brand new A2, but that was because the dealer didn't do the PDI correctly and left the front suspension packing in place, meaning nil suspension travel. And it took them 2 attempts to realise. Argh.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back