Numberplate

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Harps

Having checked out JD's new Golf, I just noticed that he has one of those lovely new EU blue flag GB number plates. Do all cars come with this now?

I bought my A2 a couple of months ago and it just has the standard UK plate. Is this just down to the level of commitment to the European Union felt by each dealer?

I think you have to specifically ask for them at the dealer when you purchase. I asked for the A2 and the dealer asked me with raised eyebrows "are you planning any trips to the continent...?"

Harps - it's a good point. I My A2 didn't come with them either but I have since added new plates with the GB Euro symbol. The main reason I had mine changed was that you don't need to stick a GB sticker on your car if you have the new style Euro numberplates!

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
A2 Owners Club: www.Audi-A2.co.uk

That's exactly what I told the salesman who seemed nonplussed - I guess he will be again when the first thing I do is rip the sticker out of the rear window advertising his garage!

That's exactly what I did!
I don't like stickers on cars, but I'll make an exception for the A2 owners club sticker!!

Same Here

Also the Tax holder and bottom of number plates is always used to advertise garage names. Both soon to be replaced.

2001 1.4 TDI SE, Crystal Blue, Open Sky, Climate Control, El.Rear Windows 16" six spoke alloys, Alpine CD/MP3 & Genesis Components & Amps, Focal Sub all custom fitted.

My dealer changed the number plates from the posh ones with a black edging/surround to a basic one but still kept the GB blue bit...just to add teh dealers name!!! I was a little gutted but I got over it...did't take too long!!!!! I think the GB just depends on dealer policy.

I do think though...little things (although dislike advertising the dealer) like dealer names on no plates can add reassurance to a car's history especially if you sell privately!!! Provided they agree!!!

Griff

PaulJ - Agree with you. I took off the nasty black number plate holders and mounted the new plates directly to the car. The tax disc holder was also replaced with a tax disc antenna for the car phone kit so I didn't need to add an antenna.

Stuart,

Just got car back from garage with Alloys / Suspension fitted :D:D. 2" drop on the suspension and the wheels look awesome. All friends at work think it is totally different a looks cool.

Funny point was parking in Audi (Exeter) to see friend and 3 salesman looking at my A2 between 2 new 1.4 standard models. You really notice the difference from normal and dropped.

I'm Happy:D

Pictures to follow tonight / Saturday.

2001 1.4 TDI SE, Crystal Blue, Open Sky, Climate Control, El.Rear Windows 16" six spoke alloys, Alpine CD/MP3 & Genesis Components & Amps, Focal Sub all custom fitted.

Congrats !!!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures :D

Hurry !!!!!!!! Can't wait :)

BK

Soon the owner of a 2003 Silver 1.4 TDI S-Line (Sport in the UK) with Open Sky, ECC, APS, CruiseControl, Navigation Plus + TV + BOSE + CD changer, Sideguard, Mobile phone, El. rear windows, Fog lights, Winter Package, ISOFIX, Headlight washers, Space Floor +++++++

BK!

I can give you a sneak preview.

Send me your e-mail address and I'll post you one :)

[email protected]

2001 1.4 TDI SE, Crystal Blue, Open Sky, Climate Control, El.Rear Windows, H&R -2" suspension, 17" five Canonica alloys, Alpine CD/MP3 & Genesis Components & Amps, Focal Sub all custom fitted.

Can't say no to that :)

[email protected]

BK

Soon the owner of a 2003 Silver 1.4 TDI S-Line (Sport in the UK) with Open Sky, ECC, APS, CruiseControl, Navigation Plus + TV + BOSE + CD changer, Sideguard, Mobile phone, El. rear windows, Fog lights, Winter Package, ISOFIX, Headlight washers, Space Floor +++++++

BK,

Check your e-mail now :D

2001 1.4 TDI SE, Crystal Blue, Open Sky, Climate Control, El.Rear Windows, H&R -2" suspension, 17" five Canonica alloys, Alpine CD/MP3 & Genesis Components & Amps, Focal Sub all custom fitted.

You lucky devil-and tommorow at which Tesco's will you be showing it off?.

My dealer doesnt put rear window stickers in-just the tax holder and number plate advertising!.

How about plates with the Sst.Georges Cross-they are legal now!.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Even 16 months ago my Audi dealer gave the option of what type of plates were desired. I opted for the EU design, just in case I venture to a Tesco’s north of Watford.

This free advertising malarkey gets on my nerves, and I’m quite surprised that we are not asked if we would like the dealers name and logo stitched into the back of our underpants.

JD-it's even worse when they leave a copy of the dealerships 'corporate tune' on cd in the player so it blasts out when you turn it on.......so out of tune some of them mechanics....;)

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

I do miss this forum after two days away.

Steve,
quote:I don't like stickers on cars, but I'll make an exception for the A2 owners club sticker!!

Can I please have two more large stickers for my car NOW!!! thanks

Paulj,
Get your photos on Stuarts site quickly, or could you mail me '[email protected]'

Finally,
Actually kept my dealer stiker "Vincent AUDI - Shrewsbury" on the car as they have been so good.

Kaine

hey hey hey...this defeats the purpose of the site!!!
No sneak previews please of the photo of the month!! Please send me the photos and I'll whack them on the site asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back