O/S/F Hub Knuckle

dave2019

Hi

Looking for a bit of advice.

I am new to the A2 had several cars from the Audi/VW/Skoda groups but this is my first A2, the vehicle purchased has covered a high mileage and needs some TLC, firstly we were going to carry out replacement of O/S/F wheel bearing so after purchasing the correct removal tool and new bearing stripped it down installed the necessary tool for removal but this bearing just refuses to move it's solid!!! damaged the fingers of the tool in the process, just keen to know if anyone has a good second hand O/S/F hub knuckle for sale or can recommend where i could pick one up from the vehicle in question is a 2001 1.4 TDI (75bhp)

We usually press them out off the car if stubborn , the aftermarket tools are of varying quality / hardness
The collar is only essential for refitting with the load applied to the outer race
You can get a new knuckle cheap enough if totally stuck, but will probably need new abs sensor too

We usually press them out off the car if stubborn , the aftermarket tools are of varying quality / hardness
The collar is only essential for refitting with the load applied to the outer race
You can get a new knuckle cheap enough if totally stuck, but will probably need new abs sensor too
Reading your comment on the quality of removal tools, can you recommend a good brand to go for?

Thanks. - Andy

Any commercial unit will be higher quality but difficult to justify the expense of a few hundreds of pounds unless u r doing quantities
Sykes pickavant etc

You can swap the load pins for hardened equivalent to use the unit u have
some high tensile hex socket cap screws may work it's just to transfer the load thru the hub

Unit we use is a hydraulic pump and hollow cylinder with heavy threaded rod and made up spacers to suit

Any commercial unit will be higher quality but difficult to justify the expense of a few hundreds of pounds unless u r doing quantities
Sykes pickavant etc

You can swap the load pins for hardened equivalent to use the unit u have
some high tensile hex socket cap screws may work it's just to transfer the load thru the hub

Unit we use is a hydraulic pump and hollow cylinder with heavy threaded rod and made up spacers to suit
Thanks. - Andy

i am a month late, but i was in a similar position to you. i puchased bearings, puller but in the end, i bought a secondhand hub for £15. A polo hub will do, or skoda fabia etc. it is much the cheapest option and also the hub should include the abs sensor which is another plus. There are loads on ebay about £20 delivered.

Hi Rod i did exactly as you mentioned, purchased polo hub for £22 delivered on ebay fitted and worked a treat.

Thanks for response.
David

Back