Oil tube spacer for second oil dipstick?

Olerype

Does anybody know the part numbers for these parts; orange spacer and dipstick for the position at back of engine?

Attachments

• E9200955-1926-4575-A54D-1D1ADDD2B6D7.png
    E9200955-1926-4575-A54D-1D1ADDD2B6D7.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 554
I hoped that the following thread might contain the answer but it appears to tail off unfinished. There is a part number partially legible on your photo of the orange plug but I can't read it fully - do you have another photo of this?

https://www.a2oc.net/community/inde...engine-bay-2000-1-4-petrol.30877/#post-260049

Following the thread and trying a search for the part came up with the following -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Catch-AUDI-A2-8Z0-036115647-/162835372904

The diagram image (which is similar to the 7zap one) looks familiar. Is that it? (edited ; see below)

There was a technical message this morning when I tried to update this message earlier having 7zapped it. Have a look at the equivalent diagram from the Lupo AUA engine - in that case, the diagram is identical BUT - the "dipstick" part 11 has a different part number and name to the A2 "catch" part 11 in the A2 diagram, suggesting that the catch part above is indeed the bit you're looking for, where the A2 has the actual dipstick on the front of the engine.

Last edited:
Old thread, but:

My 2001 with aua engine does not have this tube for the 2nd diplodocus! There is nothing coming out of the back of the engine block. Does anyone know if it is a blind plug or something where I can slip the missing tube into? Or is the block or sump just different so that I can just Forget about getting a proper dipstick for my little perpetum mobile?

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Our 2002 AUA doesn't have this at the back of the engine either, @E42 , just the dipstick at the front of the engine running to the service panel.

Does anybody know the part numbers for these parts; orange spacer and dipstick for the position at back of engine?

Have a look at the aua engine fitted to Polo …..the dipstick is fitted at the rear of the engine unlike the A2......if you want to block off the polo dipstick use a twist drill or steel rod that is a tight fit and epoxy it in. I use www.realoem.com for parts searches well laid out and lots of manufacturers

But what is the difference, since I cant find a hole where it should enter at the back? Is the sump another part number on the earlier 1.4 aua?

@E42 - if there isn't a hole there, why are you looking for one? I assume that your AUA has the normal dipstick at the front of the engine, unless you don't have an A2?

I am looking for an answer about if I can get a sump from an engine that has a NORMAL dipstick. The one in the service hatch is not normal Why would I post about some other car on the A2 forum?

In this video the front dip stick is orange? I thought only the TDi had an orange end, the petrol ones are unreadable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it not the case that with the dipstick you're hoping to employ, you'd have to remove the bonnet every time to check your oil-level? Is that correct? If so, then I just can't see any advantage? Please explain ....

David

Is it not the case that with the dipstick you're hoping to employ, you'd have to remove the bonnet every time to check your oil-level? Is that correct? If so, then I just can't see any advantage? Please explain ....

David
I think he did:

"... am looking for an answer about if I can get a sump from an engine that has a normal dipstick. The one in the service hatch is not normal..."
Mac.

numbers are in video description on youtube...

Numery części:
lejek nr. 030 115 636 A
bagnet nr. 030 115 611 R

The service hatch one is prone to breaking, and is hard to get a proper reading from. If you mean that removing the 9kg bonnet on the A2 is considered a hassle I Wonder how often you check your oil level

The service hatch one is prone to breaking, and is hard to get a proper reading from. If you mean that removing the 9kg bonnet on the A2 is considered a hassle I Wonder how often you check your oil level

By the way it seems like the normal dipstick hole is in the engine block itself on the earlier version of the AUA engine. It would seem that they have blocked off the hole while casting the block. If so I have to Forget about a proper dipstick and just make sure I get the earlier metal rod version modded and working.

Back