Oil weeping a2 tdi90

cheechy

A2OC Donor
20200315_154223.jpg
20200315_154257.jpg

So was struggling to find a source for a leak until today. Got some time and from the pics it looks like its coming from behind the tandem pump. Is it as simple as a gasket or would it need replaced completely?

It could be just the gasket but it’s normally a sign that the tandem pump is leaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be an LUK and they are no where near as good as the Bosch pump. But to fit the Bosch you need a spare spacer that I can modify to extend the placement of the ASV to the passenger side by about 60mm. This allows it to clear the Bosch pump
I’m on eBay at the moment looking for one

The only one on atm is £20
Then there is £30 of machining
This piece bolts to the existing spacer and allows the fitment big the Bosch tandem pump which is much superior to the LUK pump

I guess an hour or so to fit the pump not sure as it’s some time since I fitted one

Paul

No I would not fit a second hand pump they are all 15 years old at least some 20 years old. And they have a hard life on the A2 as it’s the only pump
I thought £109 delivered was a good price for a Bosch pump
You get better brakes as well with the Bosch pump
You may need a gasket as well need to check if it comes with the pump

No you need the correct gasket. Bosch do not supply one with the pump. You will also need one of Pauls adapters to allow the Bosch to fit without fouling.

If you are "lucky" it is only engine oil that is currently leaking. If diesels starts to leak bearing in mind the high pressure it is under all the rubber hoses will get sprayed and rapidly softened by the diesel so speed to correct the fault is paramount. Take every precaution to protect the rubber hoses now and during the pump change.

Not sure. It looks like the gasket but I would try tps for the gasket at least it will be the right one from tps

Personally I would not use that kit as it contains more parts than you need. Just get a new bosch pump and a good OEM metal gasket.

No again that is a kit. If you are replacing the pump and not repairing it all you need is the new pump and the big metal plate gasket. I asked about replacing the 4 securing bolts and was told no need, but you can replace them if you wish. ( mine were replaced when I tried the initial reseal that only lasted a few weeks ).

Back