Original A2 auto dim mirror wiring

stevec

Wales
Hi all.
Have an original A2 auto dim rear mirror and need some help with connecting up. Have plug and loom from donor vehicle. Cables are as follows.
6 pin plug from vehicle harness
Pin 1- black with blue stripe cable
Pin 2- Brown
Pin 3- Blue with red stripe cable
Pin 4- grey with white stripe cable.
Now i assume brown is earth connection
That would leave
A switched or permanent 12v
A light feed?
A reverse feed?
Thanks Steve

Hi all.
Have an original A2 auto dim rear mirror and need some help with connecting up. Have plug and loom from donor vehicle. Cables are as follows.
6 pin plug from vehicle harness
Pin 1- black with blue stripe cable
Pin 2- Brown
Pin 3- Blue with red stripe cable
Pin 4- grey with white stripe cable.
Now i assume brown is earth connection
That would leave
A switched or permanent 12v
A light feed?
A reverse feed?
Thanks Steve

Steve,

Some time ago I know but how did you get on with this project. Any update on which coloured wires took their feed from.

I have an auto dimming rear view mirror and only have switched live and earth to Power it up. I’ve not connected it to the reverse feed or interior light feed yet.

Happy to hear your thoughts on what you finally used for all 4 pins/wires.

Kind regards,

Tom

Steve,

Some time ago I know but how did you get on with this project. Any update on which coloured wires took their feed from.

I have an auto dimming rear view mirror and only have switched live and earth to Power it up. I’ve not connected it to the reverse feed or interior light feed yet.

Happy to hear your thoughts on what you finally used for all 4 pins/wires.

Kind regards,

Tom

Unless you have the reversion light wire handy then I wouldn’t bother
I did have as a reversion camera is fitted but had it not been already present at the HU I would not have bothered. All it does is stop the dimming when you engage reverse and opposites for interior light
Neither are really worth the effort although I have both hooked up
Auto dimming mirror itself is a god send though

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you have the reversion light wire handy then I wouldn’t bother
I did have as a reversion camera is fitted but had it not been already present at the HU I would not have bothered. All it does is stop the dimming when you engage reverse and opposites for interior light
Neither are really worth the effort although I have both hooked up
Auto dimming mirror itself is a god send though

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul,

Like you said, it’s not really feasible to run a cable from the bulb hangar to the mirror.

Today I’ll probably spend a couple of hours tracing the reverse light loom (in the breaker) to see where it goes as there must be an easier way of obtaining the reverse 12v positive feed for the mirror. I’m thinking one of the A Pillar relays or near the ECU.

Do you/does anyone already have the answer before I end up unwinding meters of old loom tape.

I understand that’s it’s not really an essential thing to do as the mirror can simply be turned off if reversing in a brightly lit area at night. It would be nice though to have the mirror 100% operational whilst I find I have a little more time on my hands, as this is something that I wouldn’t have even considered a couple of months ago.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back