OSS broken

There is a great deal of material regarding this topic on this Forum. In fact, repair of this system has only just been covered. Simply use the search facility on the far right, above. Search under OSS, opensky, etc. That is what it is there for ....

David

Search functionality is not great, it ignores three letter words. I typically use Google to search A2oc. I'd try A2oc oss repair.

Look at my latest threads, I’ve repaired one, but it’s a ball ache. If you have some mechanical knowledge you can you it.
Is the roof simply stuck shut? If so, do not force it, the whole thing will need to come out and be fixed or swapped with a working one. Give me a shout if you need more info.

Look at my latest threads, I’ve repaired one, but it’s a ball ache. If you have some mechanical knowledge you can you it.
Is the roof simply stuck shut? If so, do not force it, the whole thing will need to come out and be fixed or swapped with a working one. Give me a shout if you need more info.
Hi Ian:
You may know that last week I bought a black tdi75 here, the seller said that the first section of the roof opens then when it gets to the second section,the motor is working but roof not opening, after having paid & transported the car, to my surprise I found that as I came to open the tailgate the glass on the tailgate is catching on the end of the roof glass, it has been opened a few times as the edge of the glass has been chiped off.

Any ideas please ?
Thanks,
Ami

Ami, sounds like the OSS has been replaced and not clamped down when refitted, so it sits high? Unfortunately, if that is the case the OSS needs to come out and start again, in which case you may as well consider a full strip/repair whilst it’s out.
Ian

Reactions: Ami
Ami, sounds like the OSS has been replaced and not clamped down when refitted, so it sits high? Unfortunately, if that is the case the OSS needs to come out and start again, in which case you may as well consider a full strip/repair whilst it’s out.
Ian
Thanks Ian for your quick reply.
Sounds like waiting for less rainy days to do this job, but opening the taigate is very concerning at the moment.
Thanks again

Yes ofcourse, I have your whatsapp, will do that on Sunday.
Thanks very much

No probs, thanks
Hi Ian:
Just taken some pictures of the roof, but cant find your whatsapp messages, if you could send me a whatsapp message, I can reply with the pictures
you are 100% correct about the tailgate glass being lower than the roof end section glass hence catching.
Thanks,
Ami

Back