OSS sun blind

Davidkinton

I’m just wondering whether the sun blind on my OSS should have something covering the rear roof section. At the minute, it’s a single blind which can be slid across to cover either the front OR rear roof section, but not both. Am I missing something or is that how it was designed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have the same type of net/screen on the non movable rear section. Seems lime someone might have removed the material.

I have a spare complete one here if you're passing (Leicester) anytime soon.

Kind regards,

Tom

You should have the same type of net/screen on the non movable rear section. Seems lime someone might have removed the material.

I have a spare complete one here if you're passing (Leicester) anytime soon.

Kind regards,

Tom

I thought something was wrong. I have parents who live near derby so I may take you up on that.

Tom, is it possible to remove or replace both the fixed rear and sliding front sections without removing the OSS?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I’m fairly confident the answer is yes to both Bob. The front section for sure as it simply lifts out. I recall some members have removed both sections to improve the light and airiness of the cabin. Personally, I prefer the option of the shade especially in warmer weather.

Thanks Darren. A neighbour has a BSS with no screens, and gets hot in summer...... so very infrequently!

Yes totally possible to remove the blind assy without removing the oss
The oss needs to open though

Thanks Darren. A neighbour has a BSS with no screens, and gets hot in summer...... so very infrequently!

Hello Rob,

I think you have the answer on how to remove the screen from an A2 with a working OSS.

If for some reason the A2 has a BSS, like your neighbours and just cannot get it to open, then only option would be to remove the headlining.

It’s not a difficult task but probably not worth it just to remove the screen. On the other hand, where your neighbour is feeling uncomfortable on a hot sunny day I guess it would be totally worth it.

If your neighbour is available whilst you have your visitor, I know he would be able to resolve this for you.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks all. Will let neighbpur know, but that may involve me in more work!

Back