oss swap

I wouldn't say it cant be done because I have seen a car where it has been done. But from a DIY perspective, it's as close to impossible as you can get without actually being impossible. The OSS insert and its supporting structures are, in various places, welded and bonded into place as well as being bolted in. The supporting crossmembers of the roof are also in different positions in OSS vs non-OSS.

Other mods that can't be done or that you should not consider doing are fitting climate control to a non-climate equipped car, and changing between 4- and 5-seat configurations.

There is a guy in the Netherlands that has done it on a 3L it is possible his process is here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a guy in the Netherlands that has done it on a 3L it is possible his process is here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very impressive

It was also a 3L, belonging to @Phoenix who came over from Germany, that I saw with this mod at AITP last year. None of the 3L's had OSS when originally built, due to weight-saving considerations.

1582043868064.jpeg

Yes, you can go on the German Forum and it takes you through the whole project. It was some time ago and was done on the 3l, because that couldn't be ordered with OSS. It really wouldn't be sensible to convert a "standard" A2, though .... just sell yours and buy another with that feature, I.M.H.O.
#
David

Back