over 50 and vibrating ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IAN_A2_FSI

No its not a medical problem but a steering wheel wobble. I have just bought a 2nd hand A2 FSI 1.6 on 10,000miles and everything appears ok whilst driving on 30mph roads but as soon as I get onto a 60 or 70 mph road the steering wheel vibrates until it get to over 75 and then the vibration stops. any ideas ? The AA mechanic didnt even find the fault('The ****'! as I like to call him).
:(
Having had the front tyres changed b4 I took possession of the car im assuming its not a balance issue(but u never know!)p.s ty for your reply.

****UPDATE****

Ok here it is. I took my car to PROtyre and had the balancing and tracking checked and found the balancing was marginally out and the tracking was also marginally out but the main concern was that the drivers side front wheel was completly buckled. Now who is to blame ? The car dealer for selling it to me faulty or the AA guy for not spotting this fault either visually or just by driving the car on an open road ? hmm [30] p.s. does anyone know the price of 17" graphite 9 spoke alloys?

****LATESET UPDATE****

THE GARAGE I BOUGHT THE CAR OFF HAVE AGREED TO BUY ME A NEW WHEEL

WHOO HOO ! EXCELENT[23]

balance 4 sure. I used to be a tyre fitter. But check for dented rim or out of round or flat spotted tyre just to be sure

yeah

Wheel balance about 90% sure it will be that.

A.D.Simmons

Does the AA check actually check the condition of wheels (alloys)? Worth having a read of their small print maybe.

Also, worth going back and having a chat with the dealer the car from regards a replacement.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a 1.4SE petrol. http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk14.htm http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/safety.htm
New A2 - Ebony Black, Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Which PROtyre centre did you go to??

There is one in Fareham which is local to me. Just wondering if I might see you around if you visited that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back