P0101 fault code implausible signal

depronman

A2OC Donor
I scanned the the ECU on my 1.4TDI AML today (just because I can) and got a fault code P0101 implausible signal

I cleared the code then re read ant it was gone, drove round the block and the code was back

Should I be concerned about this as the car runs fine, is returning good MPG and pulls well

I had a google on the fault code and it is MAF sensor. Should I clean it, if so what with ?, leave it 'as is' or replace the MAF sensor, if so what cost and from were ?

Cheers,

I scanned the the ECU on my 1.4TDI AML today (just because I can) and got a fault code P0101 implausible signal

I cleared the code then re read ant it was gone, drove round the block and the code was back

Should I be concerned about this as the car runs fine, is returning good MPG and pulls well

I had a google on the fault code and it is MAF sensor. Should I clean it, if so what with ?, leave it 'as is' or replace the MAF sensor, if so what cost and from were ?

Cheers,

Hi
I would recommend using MAF cleaner to clean it first before anything else.

Steve B

Just reviving this thread as my car is throwing this fault code with many miles in between. Did you resolve the issue using some cleaner on the MAF?

Cheers!

Try it you have nothing to lose except cost of the cleaner, also check the contacts are clean in the plug / socket.

I replaced the MAF with one from an FSI TDI and FSI share the same unit
fault never came back

I did clean it but that made little to no difference

Back