Panic! Help!

DJ 190

A2OC Donor
I've got my A2 booked in for an M.O.T. tomorrow (Monday) at 11A.M. I realised that a bulb was out at the rear. It was a side light. I purchased a replacement bulb but no, still no light. So I changed the complete bulb assembly(s) from another A2 and it STILL didn't illuminate! I do need that M.O.T. so I'm asking for your help here to get this working. What's wrong? Where do I go from here? It's a puzzle .... All other lights work. It's just the nearside rear that's inoperative. I don't want to have to cancel the M.O.T.
Help, please.

David

In the olden days this would have been diagnosed as an earth fault David. I presume you've also tried swapping the bulbs around just in case the new one is a dud. ?

I didn't realise that the side lights were separately fused, left and right side. Fuse no. 27 is the left side. I've just checked it and it's blown! It's a tiny size and I'm wondering if I've got one. If not, I'll have to borrow one from the other A2. THEN I'll be hoping that it doesn't immediately blow again!

David

I didn't realise that the side lights were separately fused, left and right side. Fuse
I've got my A2 booked in for an M.O.T. tomorrow (Monday) at 11A.M. I realised that a bulb was out at the rear. It was a side light. I purchased a replacement bulb but no, still no light. So I changed the complete bulb assembly(s) from another A2 and it STILL didn't illuminate! I do need that M.O.T. so I'm asking for your help here to get this working. What's wrong? Where do I go from here? It's a puzzle .... All other lights work. It's just the nearside rear that's inoperative. I don't want to have to cancel the M.O.T.
Help, please.

David
no. 27 is the left side. I've just checked it and it's blown! It's a tiny size and I'm wondering if I've got one. If not, I'll have to borrow one from the other A2. THEN I'll be hoping that it doesn't immediately blow again!

David
Hi DJ 190,
Have you checked the contact area on the rear of the bulb ?
My own problem was due to the contact area wearing down flat leading to a poor connection ( high current draw) , that’s the first time I’ve seen it .
Hth
Keith

O.K. I've sorted this out and all is well. The M.O.T. can go-ahead. I DID say that I panicked! I'd think that there is separate fusing for the left and right hand side lights for safety reasons ..... in the event of a fuse blowing, there's always still the other side in use.

David

O.K. I've sorted this out and all is well. The M.O.T. can go-ahead. I DID say that I panicked! I'd think that there is separate fusing for the left and right hand side lights for safety reasons ..... in the event of a fuse blowing, there's always still the other side in use.

David
I wish my old car worked like this, I turned on the fog light (due to it being a very foggy night) this blew out the fuse that dealt with the fog light, the dash lights and the rear lights all in one go. Didn't have a spare fuse and had to drive throught thick fog hoping anyone coming up behind would spot me because of my head lights.

Back