Partners new A2

Farmer

Every year we buy a cheap car for winter for Ann to use for work. This year thought i would buy an A2 tdi. We found a 55 plate in Rochdale on ebay, was damaged at the rear and we were top bidders at £416. we put new discs and pads, new battery, s/h tailgate and rear bumper, got some s/h alloys and new tyres,car stands us to just under £1000, What do you think? Car has done 120,000 but runs really well Ann loves it!

Attachments

• IMG_4481.JPG
    IMG_4481.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_4482.JPG
    IMG_4482.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4483.JPG
    IMG_4483.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_4484.JPG
    IMG_4484.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_4485.JPG
    IMG_4485.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_4486.JPG
    IMG_4486.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Well I think it last for many winters not just the coming one! No mention of a service or cambelt date?

With red cars the burning question is lacquer peel.

Andy

PS. Your second word is typo or do you you cry annually about now!!!?

sorry about the typo! just had cambelt etc according to under bonnet sticker, laquer peel ok......for now!

Saw this at the time, looks great!!

Is the boot floor ok? Is this the one where the spare wheel was trapped in the boot?

Boot floor was slightly pushed in but pushed it out ok with a hydraulic body ram, No didnt have a spare wheel.

Looks lovely. 4 years ago I bought an A2 for the winter and never looked back, still have that original purchase plus 2 others, be warned they are addictive.

Its the price of an ipad pro lead in tablet at £1000 and i know what i would rather have especially if i needed to get to work social distancing or waiting in a bus stop in december? bangernomics at its best and good luck to Ann she will love her A2 and the thousand pound will seem silly money after the winter.

Hope they are good in snow!
They're as good in the snow as other light vehicles with winter tyres. We have three which run two sets of wheels(summer/winter tyres), my preference is the 175 on my car(others wider-unnecessarily). :)

Back