PDC info

Morning Simon,

I do hope all is well up the road. I have investigated this to some extent and come up with the simple answer as no.

The factory 8Z0 PDC Control Module does not have the internal components for front sensors.

If you’re thinking about fitting front sensors though I think I have 99% of the answers on what parts you’d need. I was going to do this myself just to have the OPS Page display on the RNS-E when reverse is selected.

Kind regards,

Tom

Morning Simon,

I do hope all is well up the road. I have investigated this to some extent and come up with the simple answer as no.

The factory 8Z0 PDC Control Module does not have the internal components for front sensors.

If you’re thinking about fitting front sensors though I think I have 99% of the answers on what parts you’d need. I was going to do this myself just to have the OPS Page display on the RNS-E when reverse is selected.

Kind regards,

Tom
Tom, Thanks for the info. Not thinking about it ATM. Just for info as I saw one in an advert and it looked well (factory) done.

Tom, Thanks for the info. Not thinking about it ATM. Just for info as I saw one in an advert and it looked well (factory) done.
Morning Simon,

Can you share the the source of the information sir. I’d like to see what was done and see if the work included the PDC off button.

If you was thinking about this and you have an 8P0 (A3) RNS-E I recommend you chose the 8P0919238 OPS/PDC Control Module as this would natively trigger the OPS screen when reverse is selected. It should not need any additional hardware. It may require a tweak in the head unit firmware but we know a man who might be willing to help with this.

I have the correct hole cutter here that you could use on the front bumper which is perfect for the OEM sensors and it should be fairly simple to work out where to place them.

Hope this helps with your potential plans.

Kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
Back