Petrol cap button not working after replacing switch

Zvszvs

Hi Everyone

My petrol cap button is not working, I am currently reverting in pulling the lever behind the indicator in the boot. Seeking advice on what this could be.

Also what is the button underneath the petrol cap button as the label has worn out.

Does the interior light come on when opening the drivers door ?
I suspect it doesn’t
Either failed door lock drivers side solder joints or micro switch
If car does not sense drivers door open then the fuel flap is not operational

Lower button is to turn off the alarm interior sensor

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone

My petrol cap button is not working, I am currently reverting in pulling the lever behind the indicator in the boot. Seeking advice on what this could be.

Also what is the button underneath the petrol cap button as the label has worn out.
My money is on the door pillar button switch I’ve done 3 on different cars over the years did one only last month on my one ..£23 from Crewe Audi from memory ..?

Thanks. The dashboards indicates when the driver's door is open, hence I think it is the petrol cap button that needs replacing

Yes I would agree. If interior light comes on and dash indicted the drivers door is open then most likely the switch is at fault.
Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I replaced the petrol switch bought from XRF (Gary) but no joy. Now thinking about this, when i had an.issue with the battery, there would always be a sound coming from the boot inside the right indicator everytime i connected the battery, which i think was the petrol cap mechanism engaiging the petrol flap. I also noticed yesterday that just randomnly i noticed the petrol flap open.

The old switch does not have any play when pressing the button whereas the new switch does which suggests the switch is good,.

I guess its the relay that might be b****red, but i dont have the foggiest of what to do and how to replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

i don't believe there's actually a relay. Assuming that fuse 36 is good and that your door open is *always* registered on the display, I would start by measuring current / voltage at the solenoid before going too much further.

- Bret

It is shown on the parts diagram above. When you remove the right hand rear light access panel in the boot you can see it near the bottom front edge. You may be able to get a working replacement one from one of our resident recyclers.

Back