Please help power loss to car

den's a2

Car has lost all power while driving, like it gone in to limp mode, driving at 75ish on motorway, went to do an over take, boom everything lit up as Christmas tree on dash board, ov got no vagcom with me, iv got rac coming out, managed to limp it to service station, does any 1 could know what possible it could be please

1.4 petrol bby engine

Dennis

Edwrai

I’ve had this on 2 bby engine cars, one it was the crankpostion sensor (not the campostion as easily confused) and the other it was throttle body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

66Beetle

A2OC Donor
I had exactly that on my BBY Engine. It’s all on these Forums somewhere a few years back. Went on for Months. It started when I had RAC come out to it only running on 3 Cylinders. RAC Man fitted a new Bougicord Ignition Coil. Went on for months after that with the Engine just randomly Cutting Out even when passing HGVs on the Motorway ! It was always accompanied by a lot of Warning Lights. Wife refused to drive the A2 any more. Plugging it in to Diagnostics at Harpers Cumbria found no faults. Tried New Crankshaft and Camshaft Sensors. Made no difference. What fixed it in the end was taking the Bougicord Ignition Coil off and replacing it with a new Genuine Audi Ignition Coil. Never Cut Out again since. Supposedly the new Bougicord Ingition Coil was Faulty, randomly sending some sort of electrical charge back to the ECU causing the Engine to Cut Out. I had a long running dispute with the RAC going right up to the CEO. They eventually admitted that it may have been that they had fitted a new part that was faulty but said they still were not liable.

jogon

I had exactly that on my BBY Engine. It’s all on these Forums somewhere a few years back. Went on for Months. It started when I had RAC come out to it only running on 3 Cylinders. RAC Man fitted a new Bougicord Ignition Coil. Went on for months after that with the Engine just randomly Cutting Out even when passing HGVs on the Motorway ! It was always accompanied by a lot of Warning Lights. Wife refused to drive the A2 any more. Plugging it in to Diagnostics at Harpers Cumbria found no faults. Tried New Crankshaft and Camshaft Sensors. Made no difference. What fixed it in the end was taking the Bougicord Ignition Coil off and replacing it with a new Genuine Audi Ignition Coil. Never Cut Out again since. Supposedly the new Bougicord Ingition Coil was Faulty, randomly sending some sort of electrical charge back to the ECU causing the Engine to Cut Out. I had a long running dispute with the RAC going right up to the CEO. They eventually admitted that it may have been that they had fitted a new part that was faulty but said they still were not liable.
Had very similar issues too which I believe were down to using cheaper ignition coils