Poject fsi castle red aka SYC BOY

stevec

Wales
Inlet manifold off and polished up
DSC_0306.JPG

Replaced the infamous DEATH pipe with inlet manifold still off car. Original audi but date stamp 2008 so has been replaced before.
DSC_0312.JPG

Reactions: Nye
Thanks darren.
The fsi hopefully when running :/ will be used by me. It's not gonna be a long term keeper, i only bought the car for the goodies it had. But It's too nice a car not to be back on the road, and i like a challenge.

The list is growing tho. Once i get the engine sorted, then passenger front elec window mechanism, i will have to look at possible mot failure points. It Definitely needs discs and pads all round, brake calipers refreshed, new rear springs (got them) and bump stops /dust covers. Could do with a timing belt service(for peace of mind). I could go on and on.

Good progress there Steve. You are well on your way to finishing the two biggest jobs to do on the fsi. Should be plain sailing after that.

Lol. NOTHING has been easy on this car. Think it was spawned by the devil. Hope the audi engineer??? Who designed the BAD engine hasn't designed another engine

hope you get her back on the road, good work on the intake manifold. was it all jammed up with carbon deposits

Hi Bentley. Congrats on your new purchase glad to see ur back here. Funnily enough no. It had been repaired in the past and someone used gasket sealer on the flap side instead of buying new gaskets. A bit too much sealer and that had jammed the flaps/ snapping the actuator.

When i originally saw the fsi for sale it had a set of 16" audi tt alloys on it. I liked the look of them so when a set came up for sale 5 miles away from me i snapped em up. At an unbelievable low price for the 4!!! I do need 3 tyres tho
_20180610_091933.JPG

Srry guys it was £50 paid for wheels. Bought soo much stuff over past month I've lost track. Still a good deal tho.

Last edited:
That's gotta be the bargain of the year :) Personally I'd start again with the tyres and get a decent brand, with all four matching. Then you can get the right size for the rims/A2.

What size tyres would u go for? The Wheels are 7" wide and i really don't like the stretched look.
Think 185 50 16 might be a bit too narrow? Has anyone used 195s on a 7" wide wheel?

Last edited:
Back